X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oestradiol level on TRT

Jordan Austin,

I'm on TRT for the past couple of month and I've felt water retention bloating and discomfort
    I check my oestradiol and it came back at 54pg/ml which is a lot above the norm
    Could it be why and if so how do you go about it or fix it
    Thank you

Yes, it could be due to that.

What's your current dose of testosterone? What was your testosterone level at the time this estradiol measurement was drawn?

What's your estimated bodyfat?

I've written about this here: https://startingstrength.com/article...l-testosterone
    IG / YT

Comment

Hello Austin and Thank you for your answer
      I am on 250mg/week and was about 10% BF before getting the water retention
      My testosterone is back up to 20ng/ml which i assume is 2,000ng/dl

Thank you for your article I search for estradiol but didn't find anything

Comment

A test level of 2000 ng/dL is far too high for TRT, and you may be aromatizing a significant proportion of testosterone into estradiol. Assuming your TRT is actually being managed by a doctor, they should immediately recognize this and adjust your dose accordingly. With that said, it’s unusual for a dose of 250 mg/week to result in a level that high, so something isn’t quite adding up here.

And I’d suggest you actually read the article. It’s there.
        IG / YT

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Baraki View Post
          A test level of 2000 ng/dL is far too high for TRT, and you may be a significant proportion of testosterone into estradiol. Assuming your TRT is actually being managed by a doctor, they should immediately recognize this and adjust your dose accordingly. With that said, it’s unusual for a dose of 250 mg/week to result in a level that high, so something isn’t quite adding up here.

I did not mention but the blood was drawn the day after the injection which may have influenced the levels
          i did read the article thank you

Comment

A test level of 2000 ng/dL is far too high for TRT, and you may be aromatizing a significant proportion of testosterone into estradiol. Assuming your TRT is actually being managed by a doctor, they should immediately recognize this and adjust your dose accordingly. With that said, it’s unusual for a dose of 250 mg/week to result in a level that high, so something isn’t quite adding up here.

Also what is a good AI to get
            My endo literally is clueless

Comment

Yes, having it drawn the day after injection explains the problem. Something like a mid-cycle or trough level would be far more helpful to determine whether a dose adjustment is needed. I also listed examples of aromatase inhibitors in the article.
              IG / YT

Comment

Yes, having it drawn the day after injection explains the problem. Something like a mid-cycle or trough level would be far more helpful to determine whether a dose adjustment is needed. I also listed examples of aromatase inhibitors in the article.
                It comes up as medication for hair growth haha is it normal

Comment

Working...
                X