Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training with Parkinson's Disease

Hi Jordan and Austin,

Not sure if you have any experience through your occupations or trawling the literature with regard to any contraindications to exercise with Parkinson's Disease? I have a friend who does CrossFit minus the sport specific movements (kipping, hspu, muscle ups, snatches etc.) so essentially a high intensity strength and conditioning style program. Do you see any reasons as to why he should not be partaking in this type of training? (aside from the obvious that it is not an optimal training method ). Are there certain types of training you guys suggest when dealing with this condition specifically?

I appreciate any input you may have.

Thanks,

Duncan

Originally posted by DHNZ2018 View Post
    Not sure if you have any experience through your occupations or trawling the literature with regard to any contraindications to exercise with Parkinson's Disease? I have a friend who does CrossFit minus the sport specific movements (kipping, hspu, muscle ups, snatches etc.) so essentially a high intensity strength and conditioning style program. Do you see any reasons as to why he should not be partaking in this type of training?
    No, I do not see any major contraindications here.

(aside from the obvious that it is not an optimal training method
    There is no such thing as an "optimal" training method.

Are there certain types of training you guys suggest when dealing with this condition specifically?
    Any program that provides full-body strength & conditioning stimuli, progressively overloaded to whatever extent possible/practical given the severity of his disease, formulated in a way that he enjoys and can adhere to for the long term.
    IG / YT

Comment

Perfect! Thanks for your response Austin, greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X