Thoughts on CBD oil?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on CBD oil?

Not a training question, but just wondering what you guys thought of CBD oil, my wife was considering trying it to help with anxiety problems but my BS detector was ringing a little. Do you know of any good research that's been done on it?

Originally posted by Strange-Steve View Post
    Not a training question, but just wondering what you guys thought of CBD oil, my wife was considering trying it to help with anxiety problems but my BS detector was ringing a little. Do you know of any good research that's been done on it?
    Yes, there has been a significant amount of research done on the pharmaceutical cannabidiol (CBD) Epidiolex and medical cannabis. At present, the bulk of the research suggests that CBD oil and cannabis tend to worsen anxiety and depression more often than they help it. They also don't work reliably well (with some side effects no less) for pain, nausea, appetite, and "inflammation."

I would not recommend over the counter CBD oil for anything at this time.

Epidiolex would be a good option for a few rare, congenital seizure disorders.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Dr. Feigenbaum, can you provide a link to the research? my wife started taking CBD oil for her anxiety and i would be very interested to read the research. Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorina View Post
        Dr. Feigenbaum, can you provide a link to the research? my wife started taking CBD oil for her anxiety and i would be very interested to read the research. Thank you very much.
        I can, yes, but I'd like to see what you find first.

Additionally, nothing good can come from you presenting your wife with research about something she's already invested in. If she wants help managing her anxiety she should see her doctor.
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Sounds good. I appreciate your candor.

Comment

Thanks for the response doc, it's much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X