Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost and benefits of taking myrbetriq

To all:

I recently visited a urologist after having strange urinary symptoms and was prescribed myrbetriq in an attempt to control what is believed to be OAB.

I am a bit hesitant to begin taking the medication for two reasons:
    1. Log -term outcomes
    2. Cost (which will be around $400.00 per month given my insurance)

Does anyone have experience with this medication or information in regards to its efficacy and risk. Thanks

This partially depends on the severity of your symptoms and your available resources to bear this cost. In general this medicine is pretty well-tolerated and doesn't present too many significant long-term risks outside of a potential effect on raising blood pressure, which should be monitored. Its efficacy beyond placebo is relatively modest, with the trials showing that it reduces the number of urgency episodes per 24 hours by an average of anywhere from 1 to 3 episodes. It has similar efficacy to other, less expensive medications used for this purpose, although those alternative agents (antimuscarinics) often come with more potential side effects.
    IG / YT

Comment

Thank you for your response. I suppose it is worth me trying it for 4 - 6 weeks in order to judge possible benefits and help rule other possible causes. Any thoughts regarding this course of action?

Comment

If that potential benefit is worth the cost to you, it sounds reasonable.
        IG / YT

Comment

Is there any evidence that myrbetriq could make symptoms worse than they were originally if you discontinue using it? I am wondering if I could get worse if I decide to stop taking the medicine.

Comment

No, that would not be expected.
            IG / YT

Comment

Thanks for your help. I will begin tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X