Covid.. thoughts, concerns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid.. thoughts, concerns.

Sorry in advance. I just spent an hour trying to post. Lost everything. Trying again. Not crazy, or gonna do something dumb. Just frustrated and would like an opinion.

march 2020. Super deadly covid. Flatten the curve, stay at home, we’re all in this together. Got it.

a year later and here we are. I’ve been vaccinated , hospital workers have been vaccinated and most essential workers have been vaccinated. Most of the vulnerable have been vaccinated. So unless I’m not understanding properly the curve is flat, and fully protected.

and yet here we are in the 3rd wave of even more super deadly scary variant covid. Another lock down. Why? If the people that will likely overwhelm the system are protected then what’s the big deal? My media and politicians keep telling me to be afraid and yet they are often caught breaking the very rules we are to follow.

as to the vaccine. I listened to your podcast. Vaccine is safe. However my own family will not vaccinate (Jesus, rapture mark of the beast, etc) and my BIL will not,vaccinate due to safety concerns even though he smokes, drinks, and snorts coke.

what is really troubling is my mother in law got a link to a video from a family friend. This friend is also a doctor at the Mayo Clinic. The video in a nut shell says there’s no covid pandemic, but a vitamin d deficiency pandemic. Obesity pandemic, us govt won’t release covid,treatment because vaccine can’t be authorized if there’s a treatment and the govt is a stake holder in the drug company. The dr in the video is Ryan cole.

why would a doctor make such a video? Why would a doctor at the Mayo Clinic share this video? Both are doctors. Why should I trust them? Why should I trust barbell medicine? ( I do trust you guys I’m asking to have a rebuttal)

in your opinion is covid still a concern? If the “curve” has been vaccinated why can’t we get back to normal?

I feel Ive done my part and want my life back. If you don’t want the vaccine then I don’t care if you end up in the hospital, and in fact you should be refused any covid treatment.

despite being told so, “we’re NOT all in this together”. The owner of,a small non essential business has contributed more to the covid battle than someone who hasn’t lost their job.

why do we need herd immunity? And why does someone get to enjoy herd immunity at everyone else’s expense?

I frustrated and it seems the goal posts keep.changing. The media in my opinion have been scaring us. They have an agenda.

I don’t want to sound like a tin foil hat guy but the tin foil people from last year are starting to make sense.

what’s not making sense is what our response has been. It’s been all over the place.

sorry. Just some random thought, and a bit of a rant.

Originally posted by Old and fat View Post
    I’ve been vaccinated , hospital workers have been vaccinated and most essential workers have been vaccinated. Most of the vulnerable have been vaccinated. So unless I’m not understanding properly the curve is flat, and fully protected.
    As of today, 29% of the US is fully vaccinated.

and yet here we are in the 3rd wave of even more super deadly scary variant covid. Another lock down. Why? If the people that will likely overwhelm the system are protected then what’s the big deal? My media and politicians keep telling me to be afraid and yet they are often caught breaking the very rules we are to follow.
    Who, specifically, are you referring to as being part of a "3rd wave" with another lockdown? That is not the case in the vast majority of the U.S. at present, with the exception of Michigan.

what is really troubling is my mother in law got a link to a video from a family friend. This friend is also a doctor at the Mayo Clinic. The video in a nut shell says there’s no covid pandemic, but a vitamin d deficiency pandemic. Obesity pandemic, us govt won’t release covid,treatment because vaccine can’t be authorized if there’s a treatment and the govt is a stake holder in the drug company. The dr in the video is Ryan cole.

why would a doctor make such a video? Why would a doctor at the Mayo Clinic share this video? Both are doctors. Why should I trust them? Why should I trust barbell medicine? ( I do trust you guys I’m asking to have a rebuttal)
    They might make such a video in order to get attention driven by the YouTube algorithm, or because they're delusional, or for any other number of reasons.

I unfortunately do not have time to go through and debunk his video for you, however. It should be plainly obvious that the covid pandemic "exists". While vitamin D deficiency is common, there is no quality (i.e., randomized, prospective) evidence that supplemental vitamin D impacts outcomes from covid. While obesity is also common, it cannot be fixed with the snap of a finger in order to reduce the risk of death from covid - so unless you are willing to simply say "those with obesity should die" or embrace eugenics, then we should probably figure out ways to maximize the chances of survival and good outcomes for people regardless of their underlying health status. It is not our place to judge and decide who is "worthy" of treatment.

in your opinion is covid still a concern? If the “curve” has been vaccinated why can’t we get back to normal?
    A "concern" is a rather nebulous phrase. I would argue that many places are indeed gradually getting back to normal, particularly as vaccination rates pick up, and expect this to continue as more and more people become vaccinated. See Israel, for example, where the majority of the population are vaccinated and things are essentially normal.

On the other hand, the current situation in India is demonstrating *precisely* what everyone was most afraid of when this got started. Their healthcare system is completely overwhelmed, patients are dying without access to oxygen and no available hospital beds anywhere.

I feel Ive done my part and want my life back. If you don’t want the vaccine then I don’t care if you end up in the hospital, and in fact you should be refused any covid treatment.
    You are free to feel that way, but healthcare professionals (myself included) will never agree with such ideas, nor will we refuse treatment to patients in need.

despite being told so, “we’re NOT all in this together”. The owner of,a small non essential business has contributed more to the covid battle than someone who hasn’t lost their job.

why do we need herd immunity? And why does someone get to enjoy herd immunity at everyone else’s expense?

I frustrated and it seems the goal posts keep.changing. The media in my opinion have been scaring us. They have an agenda.

I don’t want to sound like a tin foil hat guy but the tin foil people from last year are starting to make sense.

what’s not making sense is what our response has been. It’s been all over the place.

sorry. Just some random thought, and a bit of a rant.
    I understand that you are frustrated. There are many things that could have been done better at all levels with respect to the covid response. There are also problems fueled by both traditional media as well as social media misinformation. Humans are deeply flawed creatures. Ultimately, these are complex topics beyond the scope of this forum.
    IG / YT

Comment

I’m on Canada. We’re having a “3rd wave”. I’m pissed because I’ve sacrificed the past year and did as I. Told. My parents and in laws are refusing to vaccinate. I think this is wrong.

I did what I did to protect them. My right to shop didn’t supersede their right to breathe. So their right to not vaccinate shouldn’t supersede my right to a normal life.

we are being told we will continue to lock down until it’s over.

regardless of the reasons (you tube alogarithms, etc) isn’t a doctor bound to some morals/standards?

Comment

I’m on Canada. We’re having a “3rd wave”. I’m pissed because I’ve sacrificed the past year and did as I. Told. My parents and in laws are refusing to vaccinate. I think this is wrong.

I did what I did to protect them. My right to shop didn’t supersede their right to breathe. So their right to not vaccinate shouldn’t supersede my right to a normal life.
        As of this week, it looks like only about 3% of Canadians are fully vaccinated. I expect that things will improve markedly when a larger proportion of the population are vaccinated, as it has in other countries.

Unfortunately, viruses do not care about human rights.

regardless of the reasons (you tube alogarithms, etc) isn’t a doctor bound to some morals/standards?
        In theory, yes, but humans tend to disappoint.
        IG / YT

Comment

Working...
        X