No announcement yet.

Waist circumference needed to see abs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waist circumference needed to see abs?

I’m a guy in his 20s training to slowly get stronger, lean out, and gain LBM. I like having numbers to set as goals even if they’re a bit inaccurate - it keeps me motivated and excited as I track my progress. I know body fat percentage measurements are unreliable and don’t necessarily align with the real metric people are often tracking unconsciously (being happy looking at themselves in the mirror or in a swimsuit).

That being said, have you observed whether there’s a range of waist measurements in men where they start to see abs or at least have a flat, muscular midsection? I’m at 34.5 inches, measured according to your video, and wondering how much farther I have to go.

I don't think waist circumference reliably correlates to abdominal aesthetics. Bodyfat would be a better correlate. How much do you weigh and how tall are you?
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

5’10”, 185 lb.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake99 View Post
        5’10”, 185 lb.
        If you can't see your abs at that weight/height you either carry a lot of body fat in your trunk and/or haven't been training that long. For reference, at that height/weight my waist was 30" and I was very lean (too lean for PL perhaps). So, I'd guess too much body fat in this case, but I could be wrong.
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
        X