Why is veganism bad for strength?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is veganism bad for strength?

If you could make a list of all the reasons that veganism is not an optimal diet for strength, what would those reasons be? I'm doing some research on this and don't know where to start. I hear bioavailability of key amino acids is one thing.

I don't know if I'd say veganism is bad for strength. That said, I think it can be more challenging to high amounts of high quality essential amino acids in at each meal, micronutrient intake (without supplementation), and total caloric intake may be more difficult. That said, I don't think I'd write of veganism as bad for strength. It's more of a personal preference thing.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

That’s a fair response. How about the environmental impact of a vegan local farm diet for a large population? Is this feasible, and why/why not? I read things like less water and food will be wasted because we would no longer be using it to feed livestock, less pollution from cow shit running into the water, less gases released into the environment, etc. Again, I’m not familiar with this topic, but I’m curious.

Comment

I'm not an expert in those matters despite having read a lot of source material. I don't think the relationship is that simple and probably wouldn't use "environmental reasons" as a sole motivation to be a vegan.
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
        X