Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teenagers and cutting weight

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Teenagers and cutting weight

    Hello Jordan.

    My question is: Is it bad to cut weight while being a teenager? Some people and websites on the internet say that it is because they are still developing, but does this mean that an overweight teenager needs to wait to grow up to cut weight?
    My personal case is that I'm a little overweight, not too much. I've been training since i was 15. Right now im 17, so in the process i've also gained some muscle.

    Sorry if my english is a little broken, I'm from Spain.

    Thank you very much Jordan!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Nefer Labrada View Post
    Hello Jordan.

    My question is: Is it bad to cut weight while being a teenager? Some people and websites on the internet say that it is because they are still developing, but does this mean that an overweight teenager needs to wait to grow up to cut weight?
    My personal case is that I'm a little overweight, not too much. I've been training since i was 15. Right now im 17, so in the process i've also gained some muscle.

    Sorry if my english is a little broken, I'm from Spain.

    Thank you very much Jordan!
    It depends on the context. If someone is overweight or obese then they should take steps to correct that at any age unless otherwise contraindicated.

    I'm not sure what I would recommend in your specific case, as I do not know the details.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post

      It depends on the context. If someone is overweight or obese then they should take steps to correct that at any age unless otherwise contraindicated.

      I'm not sure what I would recommend in your specific case, as I do not know the details.

      I took my measurements:

      171cm tall (5'6)
      75kg (165 lbs)
      Waist circumference: 84cm (33 inches)
      Thigh circumference: 59.5cm (23.2 inches)
      Arm circumference: 34cm (13.2 inches)

      What would you recommend? Sorry for the inconveniences.

      Comment


      • #4
        I wouldn't recommend anything in particular given this information, as you do not appear to be carrying too much body fat.
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
          I wouldn't recommend anything in particular given this information, as you do not appear to be carrying too much body fat.
          I'll have your words in mind. Thank you very much, Jordan!

          Comment

          Working...
          X