Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creatine with hot coffee?

Hi Jordan,

I think these are simple questions. But I couldn't find definite answers online.

Creatine monohydrate doesn't seem to dissolve well in cold water. Currently I'm dissolving it in my morning coffee before my workout. Questions:
    • Will the heat destroy creatine? I read from somewhere cooking will destroy creatine found in red meat.
    • Will caffeine adversely affect creatine?
    Thanks

Sciomako,

It doesn't matter what you take your creatine with (or without), it still will increase creatine levels in the muscle regardless.

-Jordan
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just wanted to clarify: Does it mean heat (from hot water) won't destroy creatine?

If so, is it a myth cooking will destroy creatine naturally present in red meat?

Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sciomako View Post
        Hi Jordan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just wanted to clarify: Does it mean heat (from hot water) won't destroy creatine?

If so, is it a myth cooking will destroy creatine naturally present in red meat?

Many thanks.
        All of that is a myth. Consider also the pH of your stomach acid that the creatine is about to get exposed to. It'll be fine.

Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X