• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring weight gain calculation logistics

My current approach (in sheets):

Column D: Auto-incrementing number

Column C: Daily morning weight

Column B: 7 day average of C

Column A: Slope of B over D with a range of 30 (approximating monthly weight gain)

Keep column A at about 2.2 (1KG per month)

I have also tried using Slope of C over D with a range of 30 and, as expected, get higher highs and lower lows; and I can't remember enough statistics to calculate how much noise I'm actually eliminating by using a slope of a 7 day average vs a slope of each day. Is there a best practice here?

I don't know what you're asking me, but I prefer to use a rolling 7-day average for weight changes.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Ok, and then you simply subtract the 30 days ago 7 day average from today's 7 day average to approximate monthly weight gain?

Comment

I don't usually track monthly gain or loss for determining dietary management, but it honestly doesn't matter what strategy you use here provided you're consistent.
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
        X