Training while not getting enough protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training while not getting enough protein

If it is certain that I won't be able to get enough protein or only hit way too lower than necessary for some period of time, is it relevant not to train in this period so that I don't lose muscle?
    If not, Wouldnt it cause more harm than good since I both put myself into a catabolic state training and lacking nourishment.

Thank you,

You should still train, as it will reduce loss of lean body mass by making the muscle tissue more sensitive to dietary protein and reduce muscle protein breakdown in between exercise bouts. This is in addition to the myriad of benefits of exercise with respect to health. May I ask why you absolutely cannot under any circumstance eat enough protein for a period of time?
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

I traveled to countryside for visiting my relatives a time ago. Our meals mostly consists of locally grown vegetables here because poverty rate is high. I was unable to bring my own protein and I hesitated if I should still train when I calculated how much protein I took during the day.

Comment

If you are able to travel and have access to the Internet, you may be able to remedy this problem. Regardless, I would recommend training.
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
        X