where to go from here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to go from here

Hey y'all, new to the forums and very happy to have found this community. For some context, I am 23 years old 146.2lbs as off this morning and stand at 5'6". Although I haven't trained for strength, exclusively, in some time, my estimated 1rm's are 315 squat, 185 bench press and 365 deadlift. I come to this section of the forum as I am a bit lost in what to do from here. For background, I have spent the last 3 years working with a coach from mountaindogdiet, following a meal plan, going through various bulking/cutting stages and training following the mountaindog programs, which are primarily hypertrophy focused. I recently ceased my time working with a coach as we were 28 weeks deep into a cut (from 164lbs down to my current 146), and getting contest lean, however, there never was nor is there a desire to compete in a show. My training goals have been and remain to be mainly aesthetic and physique enhancement. The training side is not currently the dilemma, however, it is more on the dietary side where I am lost. I am mentally burnt out form even the thought of tracking and weighing food, following a meal plan and just want to eat everything in sight, over the last two weeks this has happened I would say 4 times where I just go animalistic and binge. So my question is merely where to go from here, how does one rebound from the diet fatigue? Training I still thoroughly enjoy and know i can accomplish it without it taking over my life, the nutrition side is where I feel lost. I can upload pictures of my current physique if necessary but don't want to break any forum rules or regulations with my first post lol. My plan, training wise, is to run the beginner template and then more than likely go to either the powerbuilding or bodybuilding templates following that given my aesthetic pursuits. But any and all help regarding the nutrition piece and what i should be doing given my current physique and ultimate goals would be greatly appreciated. If more information is necessary to ascertain a proper response please reach out, being on the forums helps keep my mind off of the food haha. Thanks guys!

So my question is merely where to go from here, how does one rebound from the diet fatigue?
    There isn't a one-size-fits-all approach here. Rather, identifying what aspects of the dietary pattern are most troublesome, e.g. is it the food selection restriction, the rigidity/leniency of the pattern, social aspects (eating out), etc. and trying to find solutions to those things.

Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

• naturalmountaindog
      naturalmountaindog commented
      Editing a comment
      In trying to identify it at the moment, I believe it is the idea of dietary restriction in any sense. It seems like I have an inherent want to just eat "normal", but given my knowledge of what eating for my goals should look like, both in composition and total caloric intake, a level anxiety or lack of control resonates when attempting to eat "off plan" or normally. It sounds silly typing it out, but just what I am experiencing at the moment.

It doesn't sound silly at all, though it is likely better sussed out with a professional (MD/DO or RD) than what I can offer you on the forum.

I think a big thing here may be to better characterize what you feel is "eating normally" and how that fits with a health promoting dietary pattern. Identifying the similarities and differences here may be useful.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
    X