Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bhughes5150
    replied
    Thank you Sir. Love BBM and all the Crew. I always recommend you all to anyone that's interested in my progress and wants to make a change of their own.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan Feigenbaum
    replied
    Originally posted by bhughes5150 View Post
    Jordan,

In response to your first reply you said you didn't think I needed to lose more weight unless I wanted to. Is it possible for my body composition to change though on maintenance?
    Definitely, though again, if you want to be leaner I'd consider losing weight to meet that goal rather than stay at maintenance.

Leave a comment:

• bhughes5150
    replied
    Jordan,

In response to your first reply you said you didn't think I needed to lose more weight unless I wanted to. Is it possible for my body composition to change though on maintenance?

Leave a comment:

• Jordan Feigenbaum
    replied
    Originally posted by rstraker View Post
    I was always under the impression that strongmen needed to be a little “fluffy,” but have been watching some of Allen Thrall’s videos, and he’s gotten very lean, and is doing well in strongman competitions.
    Yes, there are differences between the ideal BW and composition for best strongman performance and long term health.

Leave a comment:

• rstraker
    replied
    I was always under the impression that strongmen needed to be a little “fluffy,” but have been watching some of Allen Thrall’s videos, and he’s gotten very lean, and is doing well in strongman competitions.

Leave a comment:

• bhughes5150
    replied
    Thank you Jordan. And I am probably losing weight faster than I should. The calorie count is accurate Mon-Fri. I tried Alan's video method of 1 carb and 1 protein approach. As I said I eat the exact same 4 meals a day every Mon-Fri so I tracked those meals to give you accurate numbers and I have lately been able to reign my weekends in and honestly I've been so overly cautions the last couple weekends I'm probably eating even less now. I went from 204lbs to 198lbs in 1 week from August 28th to Sept 4th. I know NIH told me 3101 to maintain current weight, 2500 to lose weight and obviously my Mon-Fri meals are way below that.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan Feigenbaum
    replied
    I think your average Calorie intake is far higher than 1900/day, otherwise you'd be hemorrhaging weight. I think the overeating on the weekends are likely having a significant impact on your progress, as well as some issues with being able to train productively due to current injury. I think that continuing to work back towards normal training from the current injury and find a dietary pattern and food environment that allows you to adhere to your diet (~2400 Cal/day is where I'd guess).

I don't/won't recommend a specific weight or waist measurement where I think you'll be satisfied, but I'm don't think you need to lose more weight at this time unless you want to.

Leave a comment:

• bhughes5150
    started a topic The Right Direction

The Right Direction

Jordan,

I was wondering if you can point me in the right direction. 40yrs old 6'4" tall.I've been as high as 309lbs and as low as 185#. When I was low at 185 I tried 3 months Nutrition coaching with Vanessa to gain weight but couldn't afford to continue past that. My goal then was to be at 200lbs which was just an arbitrary number I picked out of thin air. And since then Ive gotten a little careless mostly on my weekends. Im pretty good at staying on point during the week. But I got over 200lbs and looked too fluffy. My goal is to be a lean strongman (just local comps only, not looking to go pro).

I am currently at 198lbs 35.25" waist (if i measured correctly) eating about 1932 cal/day (173p, 232c, 32f) I basically eat the same 4 meals every day. My main goals are health and strength but it would still be nice to at least look like a lift a little bit. Right now I just look soft and saggy (pictures attached). After I am done with my Pain and Rehab template from Charlie Dickson I plan to go back to the Strongman and Hyper II templates.

Nutrition wise what is the right direction? Should I continue a cut? If so can you recommend an x amount of pounds or x waist measurement for me to aim for?
Working...
X