Any supplements that help with falling asleep?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • druidark
    • Jul 2020

Any supplements that help with falling asleep?

I've been taking glycine recently and it seems to be OK. Do lavender chamomile sprays help at all? Melatonin?
  • Jordan Feigenbaum
    Administrator
    • Sep 2017

None of those supplements reliably help with reducing sleep onset or quality significantly. Sorry dude!
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Book a Consultation/// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

• Noon
      • Nov 2022

Glycine is good stuff. Melatonin rocks but I think makers often bullshit about the dose . I also like l-tryptophan (about 5 grams mixed with big scoop of whey protein before bed). Ashwagandha is interesting but again their is a huge range of quality and evidence from analysis showed the trusted extract (ksm-66) to be bs. Gabapentin is a good drug if you opt for a prescription .

I think it's also important to ask if sleep labs would just shut down if it was found that they were useless for accessing sleep. I say no, they wouldn't. They would just use some math to baffle people with bs and then charge more.

The university system is very corrupt.

Comment

• Jordan Feigenbaum
        Administrator
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Noon
        Glycine is good stuff. Melatonin rocks but I think makers often bullshit about the dose . I also like l-tryptophan (about 5 grams mixed with big scoop of whey protein before bed). Ashwagandha is interesting but again their is a huge range of quality and evidence from analysis showed the trusted extract (ksm-66) to be bs. Gabapentin is a good drug if you opt for a prescription .

I think it's also important to ask if sleep labs would just shut down if it was found that they were useless for accessing sleep. I say no, they wouldn't. They would just use some math to baffle people with bs and then charge more.

The university system is very corrupt.
        None of this stuff has good evidence showing it improves sleep quality, quantity, or other metric. 10/10 would not recommend.

Gapabentin is sometimes used off-label for treating insomnia, but it is not without its own risks. F

Finally, sleep labs are useful for objectively measuring (and sometimes managing) parasomnias.
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Book a Consultation/// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

• Austin Baraki
          • Sep 2017

Just to reiterate ... gabapentin is most definitely *not* a "good drug".
          IG / YT

Comment

Working...