This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric777 View Post
    Hello, I recently found out about this program for knee issues. I have quadracept and patellar tendinitis. Both knees. Will this program help me get back to squating and deadlifts etc?

Can it be combined with other programs such as general strength and conditioning?

So I'm a martial artist and use strength training basically just for that activity. What do you mean by this statement.
    *Note: This template would be incomplete for athletes whose sport demands dynamic loading (weightlifters, CrossFit, or General Individual or Team Based Sports - Martial Arts, Soccer, Volleyball, etc).
    Hey Eric777 - yes, the template is designed for folks in your situation.

We have lower body movements/programming taken care of in the template but slots are available to plug in upper body movements.

The template doesn't include a dosage game-plan for re-introducing sport specific movements. In your case, the foot work necessary for sparring, grappling, dynamic kicks, etc. Those are movements you'd need to titrate back in as you feel comfortable and at your own discretion.

Comment

• Eric777
      Eric777 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I can titrate the kicking. I'm going it slowly now with some stretching and kicking routines. Slow and steady progression of kicking higher and then integrate the heavy bag. Due to the current covid situation I don't have access to a squat rack. I have adjustable dumbbells that go up to 90 lbs each. Can this program be done with that? Also, how about the long run. Can I use it in place of a or as an actual leg workout?

• Michael Ray
      Michael Ray commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure, you'd just need to alter movements such as back squats to goblet squats or deadlifts to say dumbbell RDLs or sumo style with dumbbell. Long run, I'm not sure what you mean here.

• Eric777
      Eric777 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. By long run I mean over time how often do these symptoms return. I'm not looking for an exact number just in general.

• I am currently working out from home as gyms remain closed where I live. I have a squat rack, barbell, hex bar, plates and some bands. Is that sufficient to run this template and get the full benefit or would it be better to wait until I can return to the Gym?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Michael Ray
      Michael Ray commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I think so.

• What equipment will I need for this knee rehab program?

Comment

• Michael Ray
      Michael Ray commented
      Editing a comment
      Barbell and plates are sufficient.
Working...
X