This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

So I bought the knee rehab template. One big problem: I cannot do the bio test. I tried all different sized weights and I just cannot complete a single rep (even with my good knee).

The only way I can get it done is using my racks uprights to hold onto. Any other ideas? Or any other biometric tests I can do? What about a double leg incline squat?

Comment

• Originally posted by kevinhail View Post
      Hello!

So I bought the knee rehab template. One big problem: I cannot do the bio test. I tried all different sized weights and I just cannot complete a single rep (even with my good knee).

The only way I can get it done is using my racks uprights to hold onto. Any other ideas? Or any other biometric tests I can do? What about a double leg incline squat?
      Hey kevinhail - I plan on updating this template this year and will likely remove the biofeedback test. I wouldn't become too over-focused on this test. Rather, you can use your training movements as a test in itself to see how you are feeling that particular day to adjust loading accordingly. Make sense?

Comment

• That makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Comment

• Me again! So after a week of the knee rehab template - my knee pain is basically gone. Would you recommend me stick with the course for 15 more weeks or maybe skip ahead a bit? I was thinking of maybe skipping to the 10 rep week or 8 rep week. TBH - I absolutely hate tempo squats, and I absolutely hate high-rep squats lol. Likely not the first person to say that. I'd ideally like to remove/modify one of those factors.

So either:

1. Skipping to a lower rep week (8 or 10)
          2. Changing 3-0-3 to 3-0-0 for example
          3. Both ( )

Curious on your thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevinhail View Post
            Me again! So after a week of the knee rehab template - my knee pain is basically gone. Would you recommend me stick with the course for 15 more weeks or maybe skip ahead a bit? I was thinking of maybe skipping to the 10 rep week or 8 rep week. TBH - I absolutely hate tempo squats, and I absolutely hate high-rep squats lol. Likely not the first person to say that. I'd ideally like to remove/modify one of those factors.

So either:

1. Skipping to a lower rep week (8 or 10)
            2. Changing 3-0-3 to 3-0-0 for example
            3. Both ( )

Curious on your thoughts.
            Hey, it's difficult to state without talking to you further. Based on what we've talked about here, I think those options are reasonable to try. You can even try 2 first and then if that goes well, try 1.

Comment

• Hey Michael, I just started day one of the knee rehab template. A few questions/clarifications (if you wouldn't mind).

- In phase 1, are we really supposed to hold each isometric move for 45s at RPE 10? ...as in, I should be falling over at 46seconds? It seems like that's going to wear me out pretty quickly, doing this every day (or 2x/day) in phase 1. Am I misunderstanding?

- Phase 2 says "Frequency: 3x/week", but there's 5 days of exercise slots in each week. Is it 3 or is it 5?

- Is it ok to do cardio while running the template? I'm at 35% bodyfat, and need also lose fat to help my knee. If yes, is there something you'd recommend, that doesn't place too much stress on the knee?

- If you're removing the biofeedback test in future iterations, is there something that will replace it, or will the athlete just jump right into the Isometrics in phase 1? I'm asking because I'm also having difficulty completing the test. I can't get to 90 degrees. I don't think it's because of my bad knee though. I'm just fat, have terrible balance, and am extremely inflexible.

Comment

Working...
              X