X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew18284
    replied
    Good afternoon, I was just wondering how might we modify Phase 2 and 3 effectively for at-home workouts due to COVID lockdowns? Access to equipment is limited to extremely light dumbbells and bands but other than that nothing.

Leave a comment:

• iccfortmyers121
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Ray View Post

Depends on the exercises you select to do for your bilateral and single leg exercises but overall nothing out of the ordinary. If you have a barbell and dumbbells/kettlebells then you should be good to go.
    Its useful.

Leave a comment:

• portcharlotte12
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Ray View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Please direct all questions related to the knee rehab template here.

Details:

This template was created for strength athletes dealing with knee pain who are unsure how to return to activity. This rehab template is suitable for those dealing with patellofemoral pain syndrome, quadriceps tendinopathy, and patellar tendinopathy*. We’ve created this template in an effort to help those dealing with knee pain return to their desired activity using intelligent programming based on research.

There are three major problems in the rehab world we hope to solve with our rehab templates:
    1) Lack of research application
    2) Lack of specificity of loading for the individual athlete, and
    3) Inappropriate dosage of loading.

This template is designed to titrate the dosage of loaded movement towards normal activity, set appropriate expectations regarding symptoms, and maintain specificity for the athlete’s goals.

Thanks for trusting us to guide the process.

Purchase Link: https://www.barbellmedicine.com/shop...ehab-template/

*Note: This template would be incomplete for athletes whose sport demands dynamic loading (weightlifters, CrossFit, or General Individual or Team Based Sports - Martial Arts, Soccer, Volleyball, etc).
    Yeah. Its great.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ray
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for this feedback! Glad to hear about your success with the process.

• Republic of Korea Army
    replied
    I'm writing this to say thank you B B.M Team. I'm currently with ZERO pain. Since I got this program, my quad tendon gradually felt better week by week. Now I can climb mountain with 20kg of gears and rifle.

And for those who suffer from quad tendon pain, don't give up. Load management will gradually strenghen your tendon. And pain will go away slowly. All you nees is patience and discipline.

Thank you B.B.M

Leave a comment:

• Eric777
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. By long run I mean over time how often do these symptoms return. I'm not looking for an exact number just in general.

• Michael Ray
    commented on 's reply
    Barbell and plates are sufficient.

• Michael Ray
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I think so.

• Michael Ray
    commented on 's reply
    Sure, you'd just need to alter movements such as back squats to goblet squats or deadlifts to say dumbbell RDLs or sumo style with dumbbell. Long run, I'm not sure what you mean here.

• Eric777
    replied
    What equipment will I need for this knee rehab program?

Leave a comment:

• Stern3657
    replied
    I am currently working out from home as gyms remain closed where I live. I have a squat rack, barbell, hex bar, plates and some bands. Is that sufficient to run this template and get the full benefit or would it be better to wait until I can return to the Gym?

Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Eric777
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. I can titrate the kicking. I'm going it slowly now with some stretching and kicking routines. Slow and steady progression of kicking higher and then integrate the heavy bag. Due to the current covid situation I don't have access to a squat rack. I have adjustable dumbbells that go up to 90 lbs each. Can this program be done with that? Also, how about the long run. Can I use it in place of a or as an actual leg workout?

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric777 View Post
    Hello, I recently found out about this program for knee issues. I have quadracept and patellar tendinitis. Both knees. Will this program help me get back to squating and deadlifts etc?

Can it be combined with other programs such as general strength and conditioning?

So I'm a martial artist and use strength training basically just for that activity. What do you mean by this statement.
    *Note: This template would be incomplete for athletes whose sport demands dynamic loading (weightlifters, CrossFit, or General Individual or Team Based Sports - Martial Arts, Soccer, Volleyball, etc).
    Hey Eric777 - yes, the template is designed for folks in your situation.

We have lower body movements/programming taken care of in the template but slots are available to plug in upper body movements.

The template doesn't include a dosage game-plan for re-introducing sport specific movements. In your case, the foot work necessary for sparring, grappling, dynamic kicks, etc. Those are movements you'd need to titrate back in as you feel comfortable and at your own discretion.

Leave a comment:

• Eric777
    replied
    Hello, I recently found out about this program for knee issues. I have quadracept and patellar tendinitis. Both knees. Will this program help me get back to squating and deadlifts etc?

Can it be combined with other programs such as general strength and conditioning?

So I'm a martial artist and use strength training basically just for that activity. What do you mean by this statement.
    Last edited by Eric777; 07-26-2020, 03:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by PlatoFunFactory View Post
    Dr. Ray,

I'm brand new to Barbell Medicine, but wound up purchasing the Knee Rehab program after my Brother In-Law recommended your site highly.

I suspect I'll have more questions to come, but first a technical one about the sheet. On the exercise selection page, the dropdown for the Isometrics Double Leg selection looks like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Counterbalance SquatLeg Extension1.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	57342

Then, if I select "Counterbalance SquatLeg Extension" that's what shows up during phase 1 and phase 2 as well.

Am I correct in assuming that "Counterbalance SquatLeg Extension" isn't a new exercise I haven't heard of but rather a technical problem? If so, is there a fix for it?

Thank you for the help. I'm looking forward to starting the program!

-J.P.
    Thanks for purchasing the template and for the question. That's indeed an error that I wasn't aware of. Can you email [email protected] and they can likely take care of this for you. In the meantime, I'd say pick whichever option you prefer, counterbalanced squat or leg extension.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X