X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by handsomewizard View Post
    Just finished week 1.

Knees usually feel a little achy but get better during the workout. Then they're a again a bit achy for the next 24 hours or so. When should I do the extra isometric days? (Day 2 and 4)

I was able to do the biofeedback test before the sessions at depth and tempo. I was getting pain near the bottom of the position but it did not worsen my symptoms pain stayed steady. I should only revert to isometrics on the main lifting days if/when the feedback test increases pain after the 2 sets. Correct?

Also have you personally tried this template? RPE 10 sets of 15 on squats and deadlifts at 303 tempo are god awful. Been cursing your names all week.
    Hey! If you are noticing an intolerable increase in symptoms that are staying elevated for 24 hours then I'd recommend adjusting external loading (weight being lifted).

In these instances - I'd recommend the extra isometric day to help with analgesia.

Biofeedback test - should be completed with tolerable symptoms. If you complete one set and get severe increase in symptoms then rest and repeat - if the same or worse scenario occurs then modify loading for the day to isometrics. Re-assess with biofeedback test on next scheduled session.

Yes - HSR sucks...I've been amazed by the lack of hate mail I've received since launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Ray View Post

Hey! If you are noticing an intolerable increase in symptoms that are staying elevated for 24 hours then I'd recommend adjusting external loading (weight being lifted).

In these instances - I'd recommend the extra isometric day to help with analgesia.

Biofeedback test - should be completed with tolerable symptoms. If you complete one set and get severe increase in symptoms then rest and repeat - if the same or worse scenario occurs then modify loading for the day to isometrics. Re-assess with biofeedback test on next scheduled session.

Yes - HSR sucks...I've been amazed by the lack of hate mail I've received since launch.
      Thanks for the reply.

Apologies for spamming up this topic but just so I understand correctly:

My symptoms are really only during deeper knee/hip flexion so I only really ever get knee pain near the bottom position of the squat or the biofeedback test. I'm able to do the biofeedback test at tempo each day but it does hurt near the bottom position however doing reps doesn't seem to make the pain increase it stays consistent but there is pain. I've been resting then performing it again and the pain is still a constant pain level. In that case I'm good to go and don't need to swap the day out for isometrics?

Finally, If I do substitute the workout for isometrics that day do I repeat that day in the cycle? Ie If I am on week 5 day 1 and I need to use isometrics would I count my next full regular workout as the first workout that week?

Comment

Originally posted by handsomewizard View Post

My symptoms are really only during deeper knee/hip flexion so I only really ever get knee pain near the bottom position of the squat or the biofeedback test. I'm able to do the biofeedback test at tempo each day but it does hurt near the bottom position however doing reps doesn't seem to make the pain increase it stays consistent but there is pain. I've been resting then performing it again and the pain is still a constant pain level. In that case I'm good to go and don't need to swap the day out for isometrics?

Finally, If I do substitute the workout for isometrics that day do I repeat that day in the cycle? Ie If I am on week 5 day 1 and I need to use isometrics would I count my next full regular workout as the first workout that week?
        Biofeedback test - yes, provided symptoms are tolerable - then this is ok. If they are severely increasing (decreased function, range of motion, etc) afterwards and you are consistently feeling worse after hitting these ranges during training, then I'd recommend a box squat just above this range of motion and then slowly decrease the depth cue over the following weeks.

Remember - symptoms do not equate to you are damaging yourself or making matters worse necessarily - but rather you may be exceeding your individualistic tolerance level for the day.

No - don't repeat the day. Just continue on as normal.

Comment

Working...
        X