X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scoTTTimo
    replied
    Hey Michael, I just started day one of the knee rehab template. A few questions/clarifications (if you wouldn't mind).

- In phase 1, are we really supposed to hold each isometric move for 45s at RPE 10? ...as in, I should be falling over at 46seconds? It seems like that's going to wear me out pretty quickly, doing this every day (or 2x/day) in phase 1. Am I misunderstanding?

- Phase 2 says "Frequency: 3x/week", but there's 5 days of exercise slots in each week. Is it 3 or is it 5?

- Is it ok to do cardio while running the template? I'm at 35% bodyfat, and need also lose fat to help my knee. If yes, is there something you'd recommend, that doesn't place too much stress on the knee?

- If you're removing the biofeedback test in future iterations, is there something that will replace it, or will the athlete just jump right into the Isometrics in phase 1? I'm asking because I'm also having difficulty completing the test. I can't get to 90 degrees. I don't think it's because of my bad knee though. I'm just fat, have terrible balance, and am extremely inflexible.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by kevinhail View Post
    Me again! So after a week of the knee rehab template - my knee pain is basically gone. Would you recommend me stick with the course for 15 more weeks or maybe skip ahead a bit? I was thinking of maybe skipping to the 10 rep week or 8 rep week. TBH - I absolutely hate tempo squats, and I absolutely hate high-rep squats lol. Likely not the first person to say that. I'd ideally like to remove/modify one of those factors.

So either:

1. Skipping to a lower rep week (8 or 10)
    2. Changing 3-0-3 to 3-0-0 for example
    3. Both ( )

Curious on your thoughts.
    Hey, it's difficult to state without talking to you further. Based on what we've talked about here, I think those options are reasonable to try. You can even try 2 first and then if that goes well, try 1.

Leave a comment:

• kevinhail
    replied
    Me again! So after a week of the knee rehab template - my knee pain is basically gone. Would you recommend me stick with the course for 15 more weeks or maybe skip ahead a bit? I was thinking of maybe skipping to the 10 rep week or 8 rep week. TBH - I absolutely hate tempo squats, and I absolutely hate high-rep squats lol. Likely not the first person to say that. I'd ideally like to remove/modify one of those factors.

So either:

1. Skipping to a lower rep week (8 or 10)
    2. Changing 3-0-3 to 3-0-0 for example
    3. Both ( )

Curious on your thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• kevinhail
    replied
    That makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by kevinhail View Post
    Hello!

So I bought the knee rehab template. One big problem: I cannot do the bio test. I tried all different sized weights and I just cannot complete a single rep (even with my good knee).

The only way I can get it done is using my racks uprights to hold onto. Any other ideas? Or any other biometric tests I can do? What about a double leg incline squat?
    Hey kevinhail - I plan on updating this template this year and will likely remove the biofeedback test. I wouldn't become too over-focused on this test. Rather, you can use your training movements as a test in itself to see how you are feeling that particular day to adjust loading accordingly. Make sense?

Leave a comment:

• kevinhail
    replied
    Hello!

So I bought the knee rehab template. One big problem: I cannot do the bio test. I tried all different sized weights and I just cannot complete a single rep (even with my good knee).

The only way I can get it done is using my racks uprights to hold onto. Any other ideas? Or any other biometric tests I can do? What about a double leg incline squat?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by jonaskristensson View Post
    In phase 2, the recommended frequency is 3x /week with 1 day rest in between but in the template day 1-5 is listed. Am I missing something?
    Phase 2 has optional isometric days built in between each session if needed, certainly not a must.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by donC View Post
    I recently downloaded several of your templates, in particular I had some questions Re: the Knee Re-hab template. My questions focus on the applicability of the template for "just" tendinopathy issues. My situation has to do to with surgery recovery. I'm 64 YO male, former collegiate basketball player and (attempting to be) active. I have now had 4 surgeries (2 on each knee) for the standard issues, floating particles causing lock-up, bucket handle tears, etc. My last 2 were for floaters. Left knee Dec 2019, recovery when really well and I was making great gains exceeding progress before the surgery. Then for some reason about 6 months later after my works sets I was performing a backoff set (~20% less) I felt a pop - no pain, but massive swelling. Subsequent MRI revealed large loose particles again, this time also causing formation of a Bakers cyst (ended up occluding blood flow in leg). After surgery swelling did not resolve - cyst still present. After trying several approaches, it was steroid injection that resolved it. Now I have reasonable mobility restored. My big picture situation is classic bon-on bone petal femoral arthritis that I've been managing. My questions with regard to the template are: 1) I am questioning the volume of the set & rep counts which I may not be for post surgical arthritic knee - Can you conform. I'm thinking no single leg movement & keep the reps around 5 adding a set or so if I get stuck - can you comment? 2) In your opinion(s) do people in my situation have a predisposition for continually producing floating particles over time? If so, how would you suggest older lifters manage this? As I mentioned I felt great after the Dec surgery, BUT maybe I got greedy and over did it, which may have led to me breaking off some ossified pieces of myself in the knee?

Thx - D
    Hey donC - my apologies for the delayed response. I would recommend a consultation with us so we can talk through your history, current experience, and get together a game plan for moving forward towards your goals. You can complete our intake paperwork HERE.

Leave a comment:

• jonaskristensson
    replied
    In phase 2, the recommended frequency is 3x /week with 1 day rest in between but in the template day 1-5 is listed. Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• donC
    replied
    I recently downloaded several of your templates, in particular I had some questions Re: the Knee Re-hab template. My questions focus on the applicability of the template for "just" tendinopathy issues. My situation has to do to with surgery recovery. I'm 64 YO male, former collegiate basketball player and (attempting to be) active. I have now had 4 surgeries (2 on each knee) for the standard issues, floating particles causing lock-up, bucket handle tears, etc. My last 2 were for floaters. Left knee Dec 2019, recovery when really well and I was making great gains exceeding progress before the surgery. Then for some reason about 6 months later after my works sets I was performing a backoff set (~20% less) I felt a pop - no pain, but massive swelling. Subsequent MRI revealed large loose particles again, this time also causing formation of a Bakers cyst (ended up occluding blood flow in leg). After surgery swelling did not resolve - cyst still present. After trying several approaches, it was steroid injection that resolved it. Now I have reasonable mobility restored. My big picture situation is classic bon-on bone petal femoral arthritis that I've been managing. My questions with regard to the template are: 1) I am questioning the volume of the set & rep counts which I may not be for post surgical arthritic knee - Can you conform. I'm thinking no single leg movement & keep the reps around 5 adding a set or so if I get stuck - can you comment? 2) In your opinion(s) do people in my situation have a predisposition for continually producing floating particles over time? If so, how would you suggest older lifters manage this? As I mentioned I felt great after the Dec surgery, BUT maybe I got greedy and over did it, which may have led to me breaking off some ossified pieces of myself in the knee?

Thx - D

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ray
    commented on 's reply
    No worries. Feedback is appreciated and often informative for future products.

• Sergei Sonin
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Ray View Post

Hey Sergei Sonin - thanks for the feedback. Hopefully we will have an updated template out soon with those fixes and videos. Regarding the letter switch for "b" to "f", I want to say that has either been fixed or can be fixed. Email [email protected].

1. No, you don't have to do 3-0-3, the template is a general outline that can be modified to suit the individual's needs. However, I do typically recommend some type of tempo work to increase time under tension (which if local adaptations in tendinopathic situations is occurring appears to matter) and tempo constrains chasing numbers while building confidence back in the symptomatic lifts. We recently released a detailed self-guide on this topic you can find HERE.
    Thanks for the clarification. Btw no claims / offence intended: certainly all the issues mentioned (obviously minor) can be easily overcome without support's assistance. That was just a humble attempt to help polish the template in future releases.

Highly appreciate the link to the tendinopathy guide. Missed it somehow in the newsletter.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew18284
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome thank you!

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by Sergei Sonin View Post
    Hi Michael Ray ,

Purchased the template recently. Here's my two cents on its quality assurance:
    1. The exercise demo list seems to lack several exotic (from the general strength standpoint) movements (e.g. counterbalance squat, lift-off, wall-sit, etc.). While these are easily googled, that's not quite consistent with the usual convenience of BM templates, where the extensive exercise demo list is provided out of the box.
    2. The aforementioned "Counterbalance SquatLeg Extension" bug is still there.
    3. Multiple typos in the "Instructions" cell on the Phase 2 tab (e.g. "fiofeedfack", "fetween", etc.).

One question about the program itself I haven't found the answer for:
    1. Are all Phase 2 isoinertial exercises have to be done at 3-0-3 tempo?
    Hey Sergei Sonin - thanks for the feedback. Hopefully we will have an updated template out soon with those fixes and videos. Regarding the letter switch for "b" to "f", I want to say that has either been fixed or can be fixed. Email [email protected].

1. No, you don't have to do 3-0-3, the template is a general outline that can be modified to suit the individual's needs. However, I do typically recommend some type of tempo work to increase time under tension (which if local adaptations in tendinopathic situations is occurring appears to matter) and tempo constrains chasing numbers while building confidence back in the symptomatic lifts. We recently released a detailed self-guide on this topic you can find HERE.

Leave a comment:

• Sergei Sonin
    replied
    Hi Michael Ray ,

Purchased the template recently. Here's my two cents on its quality assurance:
    1. The exercise demo list seems to lack several exotic (from the general strength standpoint) movements (e.g. counterbalance squat, lift-off, wall-sit, etc.). While these are easily googled, that's not quite consistent with the usual convenience of BM templates, where the extensive exercise demo list is provided out of the box.
    2. The aforementioned "Counterbalance SquatLeg Extension" bug is still there.
    3. Multiple typos in the "Instructions" cell on the Phase 2 tab (e.g. "fiofeedfack", "fetween", etc.).

One question about the program itself I haven't found the answer for:
    1. Are all Phase 2 isoinertial exercises have to be done at 3-0-3 tempo?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X