X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by Atox95 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I definitely understand the part you said about aches and such. Im not the one that freaks out about those often. The only reason i was worried about this is cause the pain felt different from the usual. Its hard to explain. In any case, the pain somewhat subsided since i wrote that post. I kept training as usual. The only thing i did is cut out curls from gpp days. And i might switch to a double overhan on the deadlift.
    Have you ever heard of elbow pain causes by deadlifting with a mixed grip?

Thanks
    That's a good question. Not particularly unless someone is ramping up dosage of the movement faster than they are recovering or adapting.

Leave a comment:

• Atox95
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. I definitely understand the part you said about aches and such. Im not the one that freaks out about those often. The only reason i was worried about this is cause the pain felt different from the usual. Its hard to explain. In any case, the pain somewhat subsided since i wrote that post. I kept training as usual. The only thing i did is cut out curls from gpp days. And i might switch to a double overhan on the deadlift.
    Have you ever heard of elbow pain causes by deadlifting with a mixed grip?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by Atox95 View Post
    Hello

Hope you guys are staying safe.

Im making this topic because after doing the strength 1 program for about 2 months, and consistently going heavier on the main lifts than my old training, i recently (past week) experienced elbow pain while training and moving my left arm outside of training. The pain isnt too bad, and i can still pretty much train normally, however its a pulsating pain that can sometimes be very u uncomfortable. Honestly im really afraid that it is gonna become more serious and im gonna have to take time off from doing the program and improving.

The pain comes on seemingly randomly as I am moving my wrist and elbows. Altough i did notice that when i rotate my forearm outside (palm facing up towards ceiling), it almost always comes on. Currently I have two working theories on why this is happening.

The first one would be elbow and wrist placement on the lowbar squat. When i squat (video included), amd get my self in the correct position, meaning that my elbows and forarms are close and in line with my torso, my wrist is sort of rotated to the side as im holding the bar. Because of this flexion, my elbow might be suffering. I dont know if Im actually putting my wrist in a bad position or not. If possible, please review my video to see.
    My second theory is a mixed grip on my deadlift. I have been making great progress with my deadlifts and have increased my e1rm by 20kg the last fee weeks. Since starting the program i have been using a mixed grip where my left hand (the one that has elbow pain) is supinated. As i said before, when my arm is in a similar position (forearm rotated, palm facing up and arm extended), is when i experience my elbow pain the most. Its possible that the increased weight of the deadlift and the hyperextendension of my arm caused the problem.
    I am looking for any advice on what I should correct and do to minimize or fix this problem. I am afraid that this will hinder my progress or that it will worsen overtime if I dont do anything.

Thank you very much for the help!
    Hey Atox95 - sorry to hear about the recent elbow symptoms. I don't see anything about your upper torso or upper extremity positions that'd I'd be concerned over from a performance standpoint. For training, my usual advice is find positions you subjectively feel comfortable in and objectively let you accomplish the task (in this case resistance training). You can try changing bar position on your back, width of grip, not wrapping your thumbs, and perhaps these changes are more tolerable for you. In regards to managing symptoms with training - you'd benefit from reading this article: https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog...ining-what-do/

I understand your concerns about losing ground on progress but aches and pains are fairly common part of the process. The article linked will provide a road map on how to navigate through these waters. If you need further individual guidance, we'd be happy to consult with you. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...ilUWA/viewform

Leave a comment:

• Atox95
    replied
    Hopefully this angle from the video will illustrate what i mean with my elbow placement.

Leave a comment:

• Atox95
    started a topic Elbow Pain from Squsts or Deadlifts. HELP

Elbow Pain from Squsts or Deadlifts. HELP

Hello

Hope you guys are staying safe.

Im making this topic because after doing the strength 1 program for about 2 months, and consistently going heavier on the main lifts than my old training, i recently (past week) experienced elbow pain while training and moving my left arm outside of training. The pain isnt too bad, and i can still pretty much train normally, however its a pulsating pain that can sometimes be very u uncomfortable. Honestly im really afraid that it is gonna become more serious and im gonna have to take time off from doing the program and improving.

The pain comes on seemingly randomly as I am moving my wrist and elbows. Altough i did notice that when i rotate my forearm outside (palm facing up towards ceiling), it almost always comes on. Currently I have two working theories on why this is happening.

The first one would be elbow and wrist placement on the lowbar squat. When i squat (video included), amd get my self in the correct position, meaning that my elbows and forarms are close and in line with my torso, my wrist is sort of rotated to the side as im holding the bar. Because of this flexion, my elbow might be suffering. I dont know if Im actually putting my wrist in a bad position or not. If possible, please review my video to see.
    My second theory is a mixed grip on my deadlift. I have been making great progress with my deadlifts and have increased my e1rm by 20kg the last fee weeks. Since starting the program i have been using a mixed grip where my left hand (the one that has elbow pain) is supinated. As i said before, when my arm is in a similar position (forearm rotated, palm facing up and arm extended), is when i experience my elbow pain the most. Its possible that the increased weight of the deadlift and the hyperextendension of my arm caused the problem.
    I am looking for any advice on what I should correct and do to minimize or fix this problem. I am afraid that this will hinder my progress or that it will worsen overtime if I dont do anything.

Thank you very much for the help!
Working...
X