X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by Hulkenobi View Post
    I hope this hasn't been asked and answered. I searched but I only ever find topics on herniated discs.

I have a sister that has been told by her doctor she has 2 ruptured discs. I'm uncertain how they came to that conclusion but i trust that she trusted her doctor. She has a science based back ground and is currently an A&P teacher at a local community College.

So ultimately my question is, is there any kind of training she should avoid and how do i convince her that she can train?

Can she train with ruptured discs? I understand that it has to be her choice but i would like to show her evidence to get the fear of training out of her mind.

Thanks
    Hey Hulkenobi - Ultimately this will depend on her symptomatic experience. Without this information it is difficult to weigh-in with appropriate recommendation and management. A "ruptured" disc could mean a number of different findings on imaging or symptomatic presentations. Barring rare instances such as progressive neurological symptoms or cauda equina syndrome, she can be active to tolerance (emphasis on tolerance).

Leave a comment:

• Hulkenobi
    started a topic Ruptured disc

Ruptured disc

I hope this hasn't been asked and answered. I searched but I only ever find topics on herniated discs.

I have a sister that has been told by her doctor she has 2 ruptured discs. I'm uncertain how they came to that conclusion but i trust that she trusted her doctor. She has a science based back ground and is currently an A&P teacher at a local community College.

So ultimately my question is, is there any kind of training she should avoid and how do i convince her that she can train?

Can she train with ruptured discs? I understand that it has to be her choice but i would like to show her evidence to get the fear of training out of her mind.

Thanks
Working...
X