Nerve Stingers in shoulder/neck when lifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerve Stingers in shoulder/neck when lifting

Whenever I deadlift anything over 315, I get an on and off stinger in my right trapezius near my C7 vertebrae. The pain isn't horrible, but it is a bit uncomfortable. I started becoming concerned when the same pain came back when overhead pressing today. I used to get stingers when I played football, but that was years ago and it's weird that they decided to come back. What are some things i can do to alleviate the pain?
    Thanks.

Originally posted by grewester View Post
    Whenever I deadlift anything over 315, I get an on and off stinger in my right trapezius near my C7 vertebrae. The pain isn't horrible, but it is a bit uncomfortable. I started becoming concerned when the same pain came back when overhead pressing today. I used to get stingers when I played football, but that was years ago and it's weird that they decided to come back. What are some things i can do to alleviate the pain?
    Thanks.
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Our general advice is outlined here: https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog...ining-what-do/

We need a consultation with you to give individual advice. We do offer remote consultations. If you are interested, please complete our intake paperwork HERE. Ideally you can adjust loading accordingly to help with your situation.

Comment

Working...
    X