• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Cohen View Post
    Hi BBM,

As for context, yesterday I slipped and fell on my left hand while my wrist was extended. It hurt intially but wasn't too bad, and this morning my hand started hurting more than yesterday. Additionly, my hand is slightly swolen around the Ulna bone (the long bone between the elbow and the wrist). When I'm resting it only slightly hurts, but when I move my wrist up/down it hurts abit more, and when I try to move my wrist sideways it's very painful.

My questions are:

1) Should I get an X-Ray to see my arm is broken or if it's a serious injury? The reason i'm asking is because it's not painful and swolen to the point I would have thought it's broken, though I have already broken the same bone around 6 years ago so it worth checking it out just in case?

2) If it's unlikely that it's broken, how long do I need to take off training?
    Hey Ben - sorry to hear about the fall. It's not possible for us to provide accurate information or recommendations without a consultation. Given the context of a trauma, I recommend following up with someone locally to assess the area and decide on next steps.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Cohen
    started a topic Can I train with a damaged Ulna bone?

Can I train with a damaged Ulna bone?

Hi BBM,

As for context, yesterday I slipped and fell on my left hand while my wrist was extended. It hurt intially but wasn't too bad, and this morning my hand started hurting more than yesterday. Additionly, my hand is slightly swolen around the Ulna bone (the long bone between the elbow and the wrist). When I'm resting it only slightly hurts, but when I move my wrist up/down it hurts abit more, and when I try to move my wrist sideways it's very painful.

My questions are:

1) Should I get an X-Ray to see my arm is broken or if it's a serious injury? The reason i'm asking is because it's not painful and swolen to the point I would have thought it's broken, though I have already broken the same bone around 6 years ago so it worth checking it out just in case?

2) If it's unlikely that it's broken, how long do I need to take off training?
Working...
X