• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ended NP, and have a question about programming for/around other activities

Squat: 215
    Press: 115
    DL: 320
    I'm a 35 yr old male, who is going back to school. As such I've been doing the Texas Method for two weeks now, I figure I've got plenty of time to recover right now so why not. With summer coming around finally, I know I'll be getting outdoors again after a long sedentary lifestyle. In order to prepare for camping I was wondering if I did the Texas Method, and extended my eccentric motion in my squat to around 4-5 seconds, would there would be any noticeable gain in hiking especially downhill. I'm using the hiking trails on our mountain on off days, or just walking to school. Both are at least an hour of walking one direction.

I've heard of German Volume Training, and while I know very little about it at present, it does sound like it may be a better methodology for what I'm doing now.

I would definitely not recommend doing that.

Your off-day hikes and walking should do the trick.
    IG / YT

Comment

Try “The Bridge” program. It prescribes you different variatations of squats (pause squat, and tempo squat which is what you are asking about).

You might get extremely sore doing German Volume and might mess with hikes and walking.

Comment

Working...
      X