X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to the Bridge

Hi BBM team,

thanks for the great content you put out. Maybe you could help me with my trainings planning for the next 16 weeks:
    1. I am currently in week 8 of Andy Bakers HLM program. After week 9 there are two weeks of tapering and one week of deload. As I do not plan to compete, would it be reasonable to switch directly to the Bridge after finishing week 9? I plan to do GPP Hypertrophy after the bridge.
    2. For scheduling issues I would like to switch workout days on the Bridge. So day 1 (C-S, CGBP, rack pull) would be on day 5, day 3 (paused squat, c-p, rows) would be on day 1 and day 5 (DL, BP,tempo squats) would be on day 3. Do you see any big issues with that?
    3. For GPP days, is there a minimum threshold of chin ups that you should be able to do in 7 min?
    4. I am able to add one GPP day to my schedule. Is there any issue with splitting up the second day and do the work after the strength work outs?
    5. Should DL assistance and rows be done with straps?

Thanks,
    Martin

Hey Martin,

Thanks for the post and I hope you're well.

For your questions:

1) I am not familiar with his program and would advise that you finish it as planned instead of switching.

2) I would not switch the days around.

3) If you can't do 10 pull ups or chin ups in 7 min, you should probably do something else like lat pull downs.

4) No problem at all

5) You can use straps, yes.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Hi Jordan,

thanks a lot for the answers, I hope you can also help me with some follow up questions:
      1. Understood I will finish the program, but I am still unsure about the deload week, which is after a week of low volume (1-2 reps, 3-4 sets) and high intensity (90%+) and before a week of 1RM tests, which I will not perform. Should I deload or would the low stress week of the bridge be sufficient for dissipating accumulated fatigue?
      2. I guess I tried very hard to make my original question as complicated and confusing as possible, while the actual question would be rather simple, maybe some helpful background first:The reason for doing this is, I train in a crossfitish studio with different coaches. My training days are Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. With the guy that is on schedule on Wednesday I am working on fixing my squat form , so I would prefer to have my C-S still on Wednesday. So considering this circumstances, is it ok to have two rest days after the C-Squat day, while only having one rest day between C-DL and C-S day? Or would you see a better way to organise this?
      3. 10 reps are very doable. As I would like to improve my pull-ups, it is obvious that I should do pull-ups on the first GPP day. But what is about the second GPP day, should I also do BW pull ups or would band assisted pull ups for a higher volume be better? Does it even matter?
      Thanks,

Martin

Comment

Hey Martin,

1) You can skip the deload week on his program and just do ours.
        2) I don't think there is a CrossFit coach on this planet who can fix your squat correctly so I'm not sure I would bother. But, if you want to change the schedule you'll be fine
        3) I would just do pull ups one day and lat pull downs the next day.
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Until you guys come to Europe (Vienna/Austria strongly preferred), I guess I need to stick with what is at hand. The good thing is, he is a decent powerlifter himself with some coaching experience. Additionally he is not the “coach” following the paleo ketogenic anabolic diet, that can detect herniated discs with his x-ray eye and cure it with taping.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for the advice. I am looking forward to start the Bridge and to figure out if I am the unique snowflake that can benefit from RPE based training, or if I am just likes essential everybody and it is essential useless to me.

Martin

Comment

Working...
          X