This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determining Intensities for Sub-Max, Volume-Driven GainzZz

I've run both the Bridge and 12 Week Strength, and I loved both. So thanks for the awesome programming.

After doing 2 meets in 5 months, I'm looking to begin a relatively long, stable period of volume-driven, sub-max gainzZz. Maybe 4 to 6 months or so. The basic plan for competition lifts is to work up to a single at RPE 8 and then do sets of fahve at moderate intensity, with the intensity increasing over the course of a given training block. No rocket science here.

I train with RPE, but as I approach this next phase, I have a question about the best way to determine intensity for this particular purpose. My A1RM squat is 350 at RPE 9. My E1RM squat is 367. My best single at RPE 8 is 335. My best set of 5 is 305 at RPE 8.5. If I were to determine intensity with incrementally increasing percentages between 70% and 80% of an RPE 8 single for the day, the sets of 5 would roughly fall into the 230 to 270 lb. range. If I were to determine intensity with incrementally increasing RPE (i.e., based on an E1RM derived from the RPE 8 single), the sets of 5 would roughly fall into the 275 to 300 lb. range. It's a significant difference (i.e., the top of the percentage range is the bottom of the RPE range), so I'd love to hear thoughts from BBM coaches and/or trainees.

Cheers.

Jason

I'm not understanding the question here.
    IG / YT

Comment

Working...
    X