Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spreading out or bunching up stress....

this question relates to organizing mesocycles. i have seen some very strong people (dr.baraki) organize their training by putting their comp squat/bench/DL together early in the week ie: comp squats monday followed by comp DL tues, and doing variants later in the week. what are the advantages to programming this way as opposed to spreading out their comp days like in the bridge where comp squat is mon, bench wed, comp DL fri ?????

i would try this but i think DL a day after squatting would suck.

thanks for your great content gentlemen,
    cole

For a 4-day per week program, we like putting higher priority stuff earlier in the week, when there's been less accumulated fatigue. For example, M/T/Th/F, then rest over the weekend and repeat.

For a 3-day block, every session is preceded by at least 1 rest day, so it matters less.
    IG / YT

Comment

How will dead lifting the day after squatting affect your performance on the dead lift itself.?

Comment

The more you train, the better you recover, and the less it will be impacted.

Additionally, even if it is affected during the course of a training block, as long as you deliver the right amount of stress, your strength will be realized when you peak for a 1RM test anyway.
        IG / YT

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Baraki View Post
          The more you train, the better you recover, and the less it will be impacted.

Additionally, even if it is affected during the course of a training block, as long as you deliver the right amount of stress, your strength will be realized when you peak for a 1RM test anyway.
          Interesting. I have never pulled the next day after the main squat day for the week. I had to do so last week and had to reduce my 5's @ 8 by 10 pounds. That was mentally a challenge for me as I knew I could have pulled my original target weight, but it would have been an @9 instead of @8. In the spirit of following the program and trusting the process, I let my ego go.

Do you think there is any benefit to M/T/TH/F vs. M/W/F/Sat?

Comment

Originally posted by crookedfinger View Post

Interesting. I have never pulled the next day after the main squat day for the week. I had to do so last week and had to reduce my 5's @ 8 by 10 pounds. That was mentally a challenge for me as I knew I could have pulled my original target weight, but it would have been an @9 instead of @8. In the spirit of following the program and trusting the process, I let my ego go.

Do you think there is any benefit to M/T/TH/F vs. M/W/F/Sat?
            Sticking with M/T/TH/F allows for the full weekend of recovery, so if that's a doable schedule, we all tend to favor that one.

Comment

Working...
            X