Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other guy that is always tougher...

Does being able to lift more matter if you are not as tough as the other guy?

How do you define tough?

What exactly is the metric for "strong"? "athletic"?

Is comparing ourselves to others valuable or is it more valuable to compare ourselves to ourself?

Danke
    Keep Getting Stronger!

Hi Morgan,

What do you think? How do you think these questions would define your training?

Have we held up being "tough" as a training metric? Is there something that makes you think we'd define people that way?

Could there be an exact metric for strong or athletic?

And in comparison, don't you think that depends actually? We all should be training because of an intrinsic motivation, yet at times we do compare ourselves and at times that is helpful and it's a necessary part of a competition.

Comment

Thanks Leah!
      Keep Getting Stronger!

Comment

Originally posted by MorganIsm View Post
        Thanks Leah!
        But you didn't answer my questions. :-)

Comment

No, you're right. But maybe I'm not ready to answer the questions, just ask them. You are a constant inspiration to me, how do you stay so positive?

I will try to answer your questions, but only because I am so enamoured of you,

What do you think? How do you think these questions would define your training? I think theu do define my training in the sense that in the "real" world, that I live in, no one could give 2 poops how string you are, only if you can beat them up, outlast them, work more hours than them, etc...

Have we held up being "tough" as a training metric? Is there something that makes you think we'd define people that way? Nothing, that is my own skewed and sad definition, but thank you so much for caring enough to give me some attention. Yes there are "some" things that do give me that idea, but maybe it just boils down to my own uniquely skewed perceptions of the universe at large. It could just be some held over ego defense from being indoctrinated at the school of intellectual linear progression.

Could there be an exact metric for strong or athletic?
          Maybe, but it would likely be as skewed as a pharmaceutical sponsored drug trial.

And in comparison, don't you think that depends actually? We all should be training because of an intrinsic motivation, yet at times we do compare ourselves and at times that is helpful and it's a necessary part of a competition.

Really? Okay. I accept your argument.

Once again, thank you Leah!
          Keep Getting Stronger!

Comment

Working...
          X