This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My programming

Hey, so first post! Great content BB crew!

Height: 6'1"
    BW: 200lbs

Calculated eRM
    Squat: 363lbs
    Bench: 290lbs (touch/go) - should I pause 1ct?
    Press: 170lbs (touch/go) - should I do deadstop as y'all recommend?
    Deadlift: N/A - Don't do them for now

Started years ago with SSLP, however could not continue producing gains, thus I'd fluctuate in strength. Huge fan of rippetoe, but he'd hate me for this!

Ended LP at:
    Squat: 280lbs 3x5
    Bench: 245lbs 3x5
    Press: 135lbs 3x5
    Deadlift: 365lbs 1x5

At the moment, I am doing one lift per day Mon-Fri. Sat & Sun off.

Monday: Squat 5x5 @ 9
    Tuesday: Bench 5x5 @ 8
    Wednesday: Squat 5x5 @ 7-8
    Thursday: Press 5x5 @ 8
    Friday: Squat 1x5 @ 9.5

Y'all stated I should strive for long term. Volume is required. My question - is my current programming bad? Should I modify or just follow the bridge or general intermediate template?

Thank you.

The first question is - are you currently making good progress (using valid/reliable metrics)?

If so, cool. With that said, we would not program anything like this ourselves, and would probably transition to something like the Bridge - particularly if what you're doing isn't working.

IG / YT

Comment

Yes I am making progress. However, I feel won't be sustainable long term, higher risk of injury and I am compromising recovery. Looking forward to transition to the Bridge. Thanks Austin

Comment

You are right around my exact height and weight. A word of advice if you are going to The Bridge, which I am currently on and do recommend. Start about 20% lighter than your estimated 1RM. My estimated 1RM after finishing Madcow 5x5 was something like bench 323, squat 417, deadlift 425, OHP 210. Nope. I got killed trying to do that in the Bridge. My body was not ready for the increase in volume, variations, and extra day of GPP. Be conservative. Don't make my mistake and murder yourself. I had to back off the weight considerable and I finally feel like I'm on track. After week 4.

Comment

Working...
        X