Program or not Program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program or not Program?

So, I am just lifting weigths to stay in shape, get stronger and not get fat (and of course because I like to lift weigths). My question is; I know I need to log my workout and progress on the excercises, but do I need someone elses program, or can I just get to the gym and lift?
    Last edited by RoyHelander; 09-19-2018, 05:19 PM.

"Just get to the gym and lift" doesn't actually mean anything. If you care about making some objective form of progress (even if it's just body composition related), there should be some intentional reasoning behind what you do in the gym. Whether that means you create your own program or follow someone else's is entirely up to you.

IG / YT

Comment

Thanks... I think I will try "my own program" for a while and see how far that will take me towards my goals. (Goals: squat and dead 200 kg, bench 150 kg)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyHelander View Post
        Thanks... I think I will try "my own program" for a while and see how far that will take me towards my goals. (Goals: squat and dead 200 kg, bench 150 kg)
        You know the freely available programs such as starting strength novice program and the bridge are pretty simple right? It seems strange that you would avoid them for your own programming unless you are already pretty experienced. Your avoidance would make more sense if you needed to purchase them.

Comment

Originally posted by synnfusion View Post

You know the freely available programs such as starting strength novice program and the bridge are pretty simple right? It seems strange that you would avoid them for your own programming unless you are already pretty experienced. Your avoidance would make more sense if you needed to purchase them.
          Yes I know, but I really like to just squat, deadlift and bench/press as hard (or not hard) as I feel like every day. Maybe it's a recipe to disaster but lets ser how it goes.

Comment

Is it the variations that are stopping you from trying the bridge?

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              Is it the variations that are stopping you from trying the bridge?
              I have been doing the first 5 weeks of the Bridge, and yes, its the variations that I dont like. Let me just squat, deadlift and bench...

Comment

Originally posted by RoyHelander View Post
                I have been doing the first 5 weeks of the Bridge, and yes, its the variations that I dont like. Let me just squat, deadlift and bench...
                No one is stopping you from doing whatever you want.
                IG / YT

Comment

Working...
                X