Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPP arm work having an impact on bench performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPP arm work having an impact on bench performance?

I am doing The bridge currently on week 2. I had my GPP day yesterday this week I added some arm work. I did curls and tricep extensions for seven minutes each with low weight taking a few seconds rest whenever I couldn't do any more reps, my arms were very tired after this. Today I struggled to bench a weight that would have been easier last week due to my arms having doms and being still fatigued from yesterday. Am I doing way to much volume for my arms? Should I just do a 3x8 of curls and extensions instead or just continue and get used to the high volume?

You can cut the time down to 3-4 minutes and gradually increase the workload as you adapt over time.
    IG / YT

Comment

Thats why i only did biceps on the bridge, i feel like there is enough pressing volume for triceps to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Healy View Post
        I am doing The bridge currently on week 2. I had my GPP day yesterday this week I added some arm work. I did curls and tricep extensions for seven minutes each with low weight taking a few seconds rest whenever I couldn't do any more reps, my arms were very tired after this. Today I struggled to bench a weight that would have been easier last week due to my arms having doms and being still fatigued from yesterday. Am I doing way to much volume for my arms? Should I just do a 3x8 of curls and extensions instead or just continue and get used to the high volume?
        The Bridge says to do your arm work at "sub maximal sets" and later defines those as, "meaning that the lifter should be able to perform additional reps or work and not go to failure." The portion of your post I bolded implies you are going to failure rather than sticking to "sub-maximal."
        Forum topics and other links I've found useful

Comment

Originally posted by weakmang View Post
          Thats why i only did biceps on the bridge, i feel like there is enough pressing volume for triceps to grow.
          Agreed. I am currently on The Bridge 1.0 and will only mix in light tricep when it feels appropriate. Other than that, I can feel the tri's working on each training day due to bench/press programming.

Comment

Working...
          X