Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16-week meet prep?

Hi,

Thanks for all the great resources that you've made available on this site--the information here has completely changed my approach to training.

I'll be finishing the Bridge 1.0 a the end of this week. Next week I'm planning to start the 12-Week Strength template in preparation for a powerlifting meet on April 27. If I start the 12-week program next week, I would finish it at the end of March, about four weeks before the meet. Would it be better to delay the 12-week program so that I'll finish it closer to the meet? If so, what sort sort of programming would you recommend in the meantime? Alternatively, if I start the 12-week template next week, could I extend it to 16 weeks?

About me: 6', 203 pounds, 34'' waist, 64 years old. I've competed in two meets to date.

Thanks in advance for any advice you might provide.

Codger,

Thanks for the post and good luck at your meet! If it were me, I'd do the first 4 weeks of the 12WS template back to back and then run the rest of the template as programmed right into the meet.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Periā„¢ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Thanks for the advice! Sounds like a great approach, which I'll follow!

Comment

Working...
      X