Static weight holds for Bench press and Squat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static weight holds for Bench press and Squat

Hi, I'd like to know your thoughts on doing 'static weight holds' to improve bench press and squat strenght, I've seen some people in IG doing these at the top of the movement, does this works? and if so, how can one incroporate them into ones programming?
    Thanks.

They can be useful for some psychological benefits in people who tend to freak out under heavy loads. As for increasing strength performance in the full lift, I don't think we have much evidence of that outside of anecdote.
    IG / YT

Comment

• sgarciac07
      sgarciac07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Another question: doing these wouldn't represent a neurological adaptation to heavier weights?

• Austin Baraki
      Austin Baraki commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps "some" sort of adaptation could occur - though I don't know what it would be, since you aren't actually moving the bar in any fashion resembling the goal task.

Originally posted by Austin Baraki View Post
    They can be useful for some psychological benefits in people who tend to freak out under heavy loads. As for increasing strength performance in the full lift, I don't think we have much evidence of that outside of anecdote.
    Thanks , since technically could be useful from a psychological point of view, one could incorporate them into the program one is following, I want to give them a try. If I were to include them in the program I'll do, which btw is The Bridge 3.1, should I do them after all sets have been done for a give exercise, let's say squat/bench?

Comment

Working...
    X