Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General programming question

Hey guys,

I realize this may be a bit of a complicated question to expect a concise answer to but I'll ask anyway.

From what I gather in order to continue making progress you have to continually be doing more volume on a weekly basis correct? I'm currently doing the 12 week strength template, does this mean that after I run this I couldn't ever possibly run it again since theoretically I'd have to increase volume to get stronger? How does one continually add volume forever and ever, there are only so many days in a week so it's just hard to wrap my head around, wouldn't we eventually be doing like 20 sets of 5 on everything?

I realize this isn't the case, but I don't know why. I don't expect an essay of an answer, but some clarification would go a long way! Thanks.

Originally posted by Slightlyaboveaverage View Post
    Hey guys,

I realize this may be a bit of a complicated question to expect a concise answer to but I'll ask anyway.

From what I gather in order to continue making progress you have to continually be doing more volume on a weekly basis correct?.
    Over a training career, total training fatigue will need to increase in order to support further fitness adaptations. Volume, on balance, is the most important, most modifiable training variables.

That said, suggesting that one needs to "continually be doing more volume on a weekly basis" is a bit too reductionist for me to agree with.

Originally posted by Slightlyaboveaverage View Post
    I'm currently doing the 12 week strength template, does this mean that after I run this I couldn't ever possibly run it again since theoretically I'd have to increase volume to get stronger? How does one continually add volume forever and ever, there are only so many days in a week so it's just hard to wrap my head around, wouldn't we eventually be doing like 20 sets of 5 on everything?

I realize this isn't the case, but I don't know why. I don't expect an essay of an answer, but some clarification would go a long way! Thanks.
    If you responded well to the program the first time you could run it again and get good results from it. We would expect that as you become more and more trained that you become that you will need more training fatigue- likely stemming from an increase in training volume.

Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Periā„¢ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Mike T has a few discussion points on this topic:

https://youtu.be/dmaivga-ugY

Comment

Working...
      X