X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Feigenbaum
    replied
    Originally posted by sgarciac07 View Post

So to summarize this, you think that I, that have been running consistently for about 1-2 years every week about 10-15km, could expect not to see any impacts on my resistance training?
    Not any new impacts, no.

Leave a comment:

• sgarciac07
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    It definitely depends on the previous levels of training-so yes I would agree it depends on the individual.

For a newer lifter or someone green to conditioning, I think the data suggests <30 min per session <3x/wk is what you can get away with before it negatively impacts strength and hypertrophy outcomes. That said, we typically start at 1-2 sessions per week and titrate up from there.
    So to summarize this, you think that I, that have been running consistently for about 1-2 years every week about 10-15km, could expect not to see any impacts on my resistance training?

Leave a comment:

• Jordan Feigenbaum
    replied
    It definitely depends on the previous levels of training-so yes I would agree it depends on the individual.

For a newer lifter or someone green to conditioning, I think the data suggests <30 min per session <3x/wk is what you can get away with before it negatively impacts strength and hypertrophy outcomes. That said, we typically start at 1-2 sessions per week and titrate up from there.

Leave a comment:

• sgarciac07
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Jordan, and this 'too much volume' is dependent on the individual?, my question is more exactly, how can one know how much is too much?

• Jordan Feigenbaum
    replied
    Yes, if done with too much volume it can negatively influence strength and hypertrophy outcomes.

Leave a comment:

• sgarciac07
    started a topic Endurance Cardio along with resistance training

Endurance Cardio along with resistance training

Hi doctors, lately I've been wondering if doing endurance type of cardio (i.e running) could have any detriments to hypertrophy/strength adaptations or outcomes. For a quite while I've been engaged with this type or cardio, weekly runs of about 10-15km at about 70-85% of max heart beat. So my question, can I see better strength/hypertrophy gains if I quit doing this type of cardio or it doesn't have any effect?
    Thanks.
Working...
X