Lifting Shoes vs. Bare feet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting Shoes vs. Bare feet

I’ve seen many comments on people needing to get proper lifting shoes instead of sneakers. However I don’t see much in terms of proper lifting shoes vs bare feet. I workout in my own (clean) gym and I’ve been doing my lifts in my bare feet. Any benefits to be had with getting lifting and/or squat shoes?

You get some more support for your foot and ankle complex and it changes the angle/plane of your ankle joint to potentially allow for different mechanics in the squat, e.g. knees more forward and torso more upright relative to bare feet. I would recommend lifting shoes over bare feet 10 out of 10 times.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
      You get some more support for your foot and ankle complex and it changes the angle/plane of your ankle joint to potentially allow for different mechanics in the squat, e.g. knees more forward and torso more upright relative to bare feet. I would recommend lifting shoes over bare feet 10 out of 10 times.

Thanks! Now to search the forums for recommendations. Also thanks for the updated templates!

Comment

I cant remember who said it but I heard it once...probably on the interwebs...

"A basketball player doesn't go onto the court in any old shoe, so why would you want to step on a platform without a shoe designed with weightlifting in mind?"

Comment

Working...
        X