General strength & conditioning template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General strength & conditioning template

I noticed at week 6 on the general strength & conditioning template that exercises 2 and 3 on each respective training day changes. For example: weeks 1-5 on day 3 exercises 2 and 3 are the 2 second pause bench press and the hip thrust. At week 6 they change to close grip bench press and RDL. Is this the recommended approach? I’m making some good progress on the 2 second pause bench press and I don’t want to give it up just yet. But if changing exercises 2&3 on each respective training day at week 6 is the prescribed protocol then I will adhere

Yep, it's designed this way! Hopefully you get some good transfer out of the close grip bench too!

-Jordan
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
      Yep, it's designed this way! Hopefully you get some good transfer out of the close grip bench too!

-Jordan
      ok. I will stick with the template’s plan then.

One more question. I recently returned to overhead pressing after a layoff from it due to some pain I was experiencing in the shoulder. I performed an overhead trap bar press with light weight for about a month and now I’m back to the barbell. Should I do a LP approach to OHP since I lost quite a bit of strength on it? E.G. 3x5, add 2-5 lbs/week or stick with the 4’s as laid out in the template?

Comment

Nope. I would just do the programming as laid out by the template. Happy to hear the shoulder is better!

-Jordan
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
        X