Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PL2 Sumo as Comp

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PL2 Sumo as Comp

    So I have been running PL2 with Sumo as comp DL.

    In week 9, there is 2" deficit as the friday variation.

    Problem is we don't have wide enough mats for me to do a Sumo stance Deficit.

    What can be an alternate for the 2" deficit deadlift when running Sumo as the comp deadlift.


    I have already done paused and I am assuming, a new variation need to be done.

    TLDR: I don't have set up for deficit SUMO, nor do we have enough small plates in the gym. We have very little plates in the gyms anyways, like only 2 pair each of all plates

    So, shall I continue paused or a different variation


  • #2
    Hi there! To clarify the set up for a deficit pull, you will set up yourself on mats or plates, not the bar. I think I understand what you are asking, and this should be doable by you either standing on two mats or two plates. If I'm confusing things more, let me know!

    Comment


    • #3
      I know how to set up, the problem is that the gm doesn't have plates with surface stable enough to stand on and no blocks or mats. I have made a small block for my earlier conventional deficits, but I have only one of that and can't do a sumo on one. I was asking what was an altrenative movement to a Deficit sumo when I am running Sumo as the comp lift this whole training cycle.

      TLDR: I am asking for an alternative to the deficit sumo.

      Comment


      • #4
        You can do paused, sure. However, I'm having a hard time thinking of plates that won't work to stand on, especially if you have shoes on. I've been able to stand on plates that have ridges and pull. But it's certainly your choice!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Leah Lutz View Post
          You can do paused, sure. However, I'm having a hard time thinking of plates that won't work to stand on, especially if you have shoes on. I've been able to stand on plates that have ridges and pull. But it's certainly your choice!
          If you have been to anytime fitness, they have thier own plates that has wobbles when you put them flat because the middle ridges are higher than the outside. Like putting a bowl on the floor. That is the problem. I had to make my own block and carry them when I started doing other BBM programs. First tme I am doing sumo and tommorow is sumo deficit.

          Reason I asked for a variation was, paused sumo was prescribed till last week and this is a supposed to be new "stress".

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Leah Lutz View Post
            You can do paused, sure. However, I'm having a hard time thinking of plates that won't work to stand on, especially if you have shoes on. I've been able to stand on plates that have ridges and pull. But it's certainly your choice!
            Is snatch grip sumo even a thing? I don't stand very wide as I have short legs, so I think there is space outside my legs on my sumo stance to hold in snatch to create the defiicit

            Comment


            • #7
              I would not recommend doing snatch grip sumo DL.
              Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
              ///Website /// Instagram /// Periā„¢ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

              Comment


              • #8
                If I may chime in, how about doing your DLs with 35 lbs plates rather than 45's to get the deficit effect?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Now that's how you improvise and overcome

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Abel J View Post
                    If I may chime in, how about doing your DLs with 35 lbs plates rather than 45's to get the deficit effect?
                    i finally did that. I used up all the 35s, but surprisingly sumo deficit was 100x harder than conventional deficit. I just couldn't move the bar, so I guess i won't have to worry for a while. It wasn't 2" though. With a couple mats I coule make it tp about 1.5", what was all I had

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PowerBelly View Post

                      i finally did that. I used up all the 35s, but surprisingly sumo deficit was 100x harder than conventional deficit. I just couldn't move the bar, so I guess i won't have to worry for a while. It wasn't 2" though. With a couple mats I coule make it tp about 1.5", what was all I had
                      A 1.5 in deficit will be just fine if that's what you've got!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X