Having issues with mix grip causing bicep discomfort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having issues with mix grip causing bicep discomfort

I use a pretty narrow stance with my toes out and knees out, following somewhat of Allan thrall’s setup. I’ve been using it for over a year now but recently started getting discomfort along my supinated arm’s bicep/forearm region. When I supinated my left arm to mix grip, it runs into my left knee and I can’t fully extend it out. But once I start driving up it extends fully. Pushing my knees out allow my to set back into better extension into a more neutral position. The mix grip does feel awkward at time too. I don’t know if I should bring my stance in, not push my knees out too much, grip wider or just switch to hook grip. I have attached some pictures for context. Thank you in advance!

Mallvin,

As mentioned yesterday via DM, I would narrow your stance and reduce the amount you push your knees out. It also appears that you could do a better job straightening your elbows and wrists. I would actually cue you to squeeze your elbows straight with your triceps and start with your elbows straight.

-Jordan
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
      Mallvin,

As mentioned yesterday via DM, I would narrow your stance and reduce the amount you push your knees out. It also appears that you could do a better job straightening your elbows and wrists. I would actually cue you to squeeze your elbows straight with your triceps and start with your elbows straight.

-Jordan
      I tried narrowing my stance but now it is harder to set my back into position as the belt is in the way. I was thinking of trying out hook grip. Would that be a viable option ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mallvin2000 View Post

I tried narrowing my stance but now it is harder to set my back into position as the belt is in the way. I was thinking of trying out hook grip. Would that be a viable option ?
        As discussed in the DM's, hook grip is fine if you want to use it. I'm not in a position to say what your low back is or isn't doing with respect to a slightly narrowed stance, but it's hard to imagine that a slightly narrower stance with less active "knees out" makes a significant difference in the ability to set your back.

An easy way to find out here, post a video of you with your stance narrowed 1/2" each side without you pushing your knees out consciously.
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

How do I get a direct line to the Guru of Gainz?

Comment

Originally posted by Dotyl9h View Post
            How do I get a direct line to the Guru of Gainz?
            This is white glove service, my friend.

Comment

Working...
            X