This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rearing my ugly head

When doing the press (2.0) I have a seemingly unstoppable tendency to push my head forward as I lock out/shrug.

I am guessing this is not good for my neck?

Any tips or cues you all have?

(I was thinking of sticking a plunger to my forehead and standing closer to the wall...)

Thank you.
    Keep Getting Stronger!

Your neck will not be harmed by this, despite the fact that it is generally unnecessary.

If I am coaching someone who is punching their head forward excessively, I simply tell them "don't do that" on each rep until they stop. Seems to work within a rep or two
    IG / YT

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Baraki View Post
      Your neck will not be harmed by this, despite the fact that it is generally unnecessary.

If I am coaching someone who is punching their head forward excessively, I simply tell them "don't do that" on each rep until they stop. Seems to work within a rep or two
      People, this is one of my favorite Austin cues. He uses this one well, no sarcasm.

Comment

Thanks Austin!
        Thank you Leah!
        Maybe he can post a video of that cue we can play for persistent problems, to the tune of some Biggie of course.
        Keep Getting Stronger!

Comment

Originally posted by Leah Lutz View Post

People, this is one of my favorite Austin cues. He uses this one well, no sarcasm.
          I bet!

‚ÄčI am a fan of "don't do that" for sure.

I also like "just be a better athlete" when they know what to do and how to do it, but yet they don't. Sometimes comic relief is good.

Comment

Working...
          X