Endurance Template and the powerlifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endurance Template and the powerlifts

I'm currently running through Powerbuilding I and will probably be jumping straight into a second round of it. However, I'd also like to figure out what I want to do after I start plateauing on progress.

Since I do a lot of endurance events with my wife, the Endurance Template and General S&C both look enticing. However, I'm really liking the powerlift movements. Are the powerlifts built into the Endurance Template so that I could see where those are tracking?

current stats:
    sex: M
    weight: 197lb
    height: 5'11"
    waist: 33.5"
    bench [email protected]: 210lb
    deadlift [email protected]: 320lb
    squat [email protected]: 290lb
    press [email protected]: 125lb

I have completed the Beginner Template and am on week 7 of Powerbuilding I.

I have a lot of room for growth, and particularly enjoy squat and deadlift. If possible, I'd also like to eventually get up to 400+lb deadlift, while also getting my half marathon time down to 2hrs (from 2:10). I think both of these goals are obtainable as long as my training stays consistent over the next 1-1.5 years.

The GPP that I've mostly been doing are sprint intervals, 4mile run on a weekday, and a 6+mile run on the weekend.

Also, I feel like time is a bigger constraint for me than work capacity. The workouts typically take 30min (+-10min depending on the number of work sets). I can finish a workout and feel like I have enough in the tank to do some of the GPP work as well, however time does not always permit that.

Thanks in advance.

The endurance template does use the big 3, yes. Of note, I think if your workouts are taking 30 minutes you might not be resting enough between sets or warming up enough.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I'll go with the endurance template then since that's more specific to my goals.

I admit that I probably don't rest enough between sets (around 3 minutes). I'm also not sure about my warm ups. I only really warm up the first exercise then figure I'm good for all the rest. Mostly because I am not typically about to spend much more than 45 minutes in the gym.

Today's warm up for the heavy single deadlift:
      135x10
      185x5
      225x3
      285x1
      Finally the heavy single: 315lb

I only took the time to load the weights between the warm ups until I was going to do 285, then I waited around 2 min, then I waited around 4 minutes before the heavy single. So from loading the first warm up to doing the heavy single probably took around 15 minutes.

then, as I said, I just jump straight into the other exercises' working sets.

Comment

Also, my gym only has 2 squat racks and the deadlift platforms are right in front of them (so also 2). I'm trying not to be that guy that monopolizes those for a while hour.

Comment

Originally posted by kenwells View Post
          Thanks for getting back to me. I think I'll go with the endurance template then since that's more specific to my goals.

I admit that I probably don't rest enough between sets (around 3 minutes). I'm also not sure about my warm ups. I only really warm up the first exercise then figure I'm good for all the rest. Mostly because I am not typically about to spend much more than 45 minutes in the gym.

Today's warm up for the heavy single deadlift:
          135x10
          185x5
          225x3
          285x1
          Finally the heavy single: 315lb

I only took the time to load the weights between the warm ups until I was going to do 285, then I waited around 2 min, then I waited around 4 minutes before the heavy single. So from loading the first warm up to doing the heavy single probably took around 15 minutes.

then, as I said, I just jump straight into the other exercises' working sets.
          Yea I think if you have 45 minutes to train then rest periods have to be limited.
          Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
          ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
          X