Where to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start?

Hello there. So I've been training for around 4-5 years, hyperthrophy based programming (upper,lower 2x a week), but always did big3 for 3 sets of 5, I'm 6,5 and 230. Last year I had some acute inflammation and couldn't train for 5 months, in that period I lost 35lbs of weight. Now im back in the gym for 4 months but im stalling on SBD. Before that illness my e1RM where 355 squat, 295 bench, 470 deadlift and 190 ohp. I gained all weight and size back but my lifts ar not progressing anymore already for a month - squat 330, bench 275, deadlift 410 and ohp 170, Interesting part is that my RDL and deadlift are in same e1RM, im lowering RDL about 2 inches below knee cap, it's enough right?
    Friend of mine told me about Barbell Medicine, he is using your programming for almost a year and has same training exprerience as me, and he is like WTH he still keeps progressing :O So I want to keep building mass while improving Big3 (SBD) so I guess powerbuilding template would be the best for me? Or I need to start with beginners template cause I have never done this kind of training? At the end of this year maybe planning to do first powerlifting meet.
    Thanks

Egardos,

Thanks for the post and gotta love your friend shaming you into changing programming LOL

Yea I'd either do Powerbuilding I or Strength I in this scenario. Let us know how it goes!

-Jordan
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Periā„¢ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
    X