Squat Bar Imbalance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squat Bar Imbalance

Hey guys, a friend of mine in the gym let me know about the bar on my back being slanted when squatting so I quick shot a video to see for myself and lone behold he was right. Ha
    Personally when I place the bar I don’t feel uncomfortable or have discomfort anywhere from squatting this way it feels secure on my rear delts. I was curious if this is something I should correct and is there any advice on how to correct this?
    Thank you!

Tyler,

Thanks for the post. I can't really tell if the bar is off-centered (left to right) or higher on one side than the other, as neither angle gives me a good view of this. My best guess is that it looks like the bar may be off-centered to the right with the right side being lower than the left side. Yes, I would fix this

-Jordan
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Jordan, in the event that the bar is actually centered on the back, what else could potentially be causing this? I have a similar asymmetry that is not quite as pronounced where the bar is lower on my left side. I’m pretty confident the bar is centered. I’ve noticed this in the high bar position. Haven’t checked low bar.

Comment

Originally posted by WK89 View Post
        Jordan, in the event that the bar is actually centered on the back, what else could potentially be causing this? I have a similar asymmetry that is not quite as pronounced where the bar is lower on my left side. I’m pretty confident the bar is centered. I’ve noticed this in the high bar position. Haven’t checked low bar.
        The bar is lower on one side, which means you can lower the other side or raise the offending side. Alternatively, people can subconsciously shrug or do weird stuff with their upper body that makes the bar look crooked.
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
        X