Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detraining from going back to a 3 day program when I've done a 4 day program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detraining from going back to a 3 day program when I've done a 4 day program?

Dear Dr. Feigenbaum and Dr. Baraki,

This was how my training looked since last year since I started using BBM templates:

2019:
    March~August: Bridge 3.0 (ran it twice back to back)
    August~November: Strength I
    November~December: General S&C (ran the default template)

2020:
    Jan~March: Strength I
    March~May: General S&C (currently running the default template because I wanted to practice the front squat and the hip thrust, as those didn't do so well in the first run)

As of now, I have downloaded Powerlifting II, which I'm planning to run in June after the current run of General S&C.

My question is, would running General S&C a third time be too little stimulus for the squat, bench, and the deadlift after running a four-day template such as Powerlifting II?

Sincerely,

Eddie Mun

EM,

Thanks for the post!

I don't think that General S/C would by my first choice if you're prioritizing your squat/bench/DL 1RM strength. That said, it's unlikely that your strength will decay significantly outside of very specific training adaptations that can be regained with a little bit of training. Overall, I would NOT worry about short term decay when doing a GPP-focused template like General S/C.

-Jordan
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Periā„¢ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
    X