Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to Normal Training After At Home Template

Hey there BBM team!

First, thanks so much for the resources and information during these somewhat uncertain times effected by COVID-19. For me, and I’m sure many others, it’s been reassuring to know that I have tools available to make the best of this situation with respect to maintaining previously developed training adaptations.

My gym is closed and in the interim I’ll be running the At Home template. Prior to gym closure I was running Powerbuilding II and had also previously ran Powerlifting II as well. My question is this: upon the returning to barbell training would you recommend returning to PB2? Or would it be better to use PB1 as a ramp-up of sorts back up to precious training volumes? (I already own Powerbuilding I so I wouldn’t have to purchase the template in order to use it for this purpose.)

Provided you're still exercising during this time of uncertainty, I'd probably feel okay with you going right back into PB II. Here's to hoping we get some good news about this soon!
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Sweet, Jordan. Thanks!

Comment

Follow up to this as I'm in the same spot but wanted to get more specific guidance. I was halfway through the second to last week (Week 9), which I believe has the most volume along with Week 10 (most exercises are 4-5 sets). Given I'll also be doing the at home workout consistently until this is all over, would you recommend backtracking to a lighter volume week (e.g. Week 6) first to acclimate myself first? Or perhaps some alternative type of light week first to re-sensitize my body to the volume. I can only imagine that initial soreness is going to be rough..

P.S. really appreciate the home workouts; obviously not ideal, but I was really down being stuck at home with no barbell access. Being able to do these this week has uplifted my spirits a lot! As always, game (life!) changing.

Thanks!

Comment

I would just start the template over since it builds upon itself all the way through.

I hear you on the home workouts, too. They're not quite the same as lifting a heavy barbell...but they're kicking my ass!
          Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
          ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
          X