The Bridge 1.0 (free version online), back off sets/fatigue or keep weight?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jawsuphjin
    • Apr 2020

The Bridge 1.0 (free version online), back off sets/fatigue or keep weight?

Hello all,

I have a question regarding some of the workouts. For some of the "online sources," all of them are mostly the same. The only part that really confuses me is the part of where a workout has 3sets of 5 reps at RPE of 8 (3x5@8).

One some sources, they would have 3x5@8 where it would be ramping up ike 5x315@6, 5x330@7, then (this part is 3 sets of 5 at @8 ) 5x345@8, then back down to 5x330@8, then 5x315@8.

However, other ones I see that it starts the same, but instead of backing down, it would keep it 3 sets of 5 reps of 345 @ 8.

Which one is the one that is better? Is it personal? Please and thank you.
  • Jordan Feigenbaum
    Administrator
    • Sep 2017

Jaws,

Where are you seeing multiple sources for The Bridge 1.0? I sure hope people aren't hosting it in other places and, additionally, I hope that you went through the accompanying text

That said, for sets @ 8 those will probably be repeat sets, I.e. sets at the same weight. There's room to reduce weight if you become fatigued, of course.

I would also genuinely ask why this confuses you, as the whole point of using RPE is to not over or under dose the training stimulus. If you're given 5 sets of 3 reps at RPE 8, you know that each set should feel like an RPE 8 set, right? While many folks will be able to maintain the same weight for all 5 sets, e.g. sets across, many others will have to reduce weight due to fatigue. In either case, trying to get close to RPE 8 on each set, which is the prescription, would be the goal. I'd just like to know how to better explain it so people realize that there is no one right way for how to do it other than to get as close as you can to the prescribed RPE.

-Jordan
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Book a Consultation/// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

• Jawsuphjin
      • Apr 2020

I see. Thank you so much by the way for replying so fast, I was expecting at least couple of days lol.

And I wouldnt say ‘sources’, but more of EXCEL files that i have found. Im sure they are based on the same root file (Like the one I got emailed from you guys), however that was just the thing that confused me.
      On some of the excel files, I would put my weight for 5x315 for RPE8, and then the next two sets would automatically put my next two sets a LOWER weight at RPE8. That is why I am asking.
      However, on another excel file, it would just repeat the same weight.

thanks for the clarification again!!

Comment

• Jordan Feigenbaum
        Administrator
        • Sep 2017

Yea, I hear you. I think if the Excel files get more people to train, that's a net good, though I can see some confusion potential as well. Hope this helped!
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Book a Consultation/// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...