Training for a 3 mile run.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training for a 3 mile run.

Hello, I’m currently training powerlifting using barbell medicine templates, but I’ve taken a recent interest in running. I want to get as close to a 18 minute 3 mile run as I possibly can, but I need some help with the programming. I have the endurance template, but I would like to maintain my current powerlifting template and was going to use this template Jordan gave from a question about running a while back to structure my running.

Day 1: Aerobic Intervals: 3 minute run @ RPE 8, rest 2 minutes. Repeat 3x
    Day 2:Aerobic Tempo Work: Run 10 min @ 12min 1.5 mile pace. Rest 5 min. Repeat 1
    Day 3: Longer Run: Run 30 min @ RPE 6-7

would this help me run a faster 3 mile? How would I progress this and what changes should I make, if any? My current 3 mile is around 24 minutes right now.

How many times have you ran in the past month or so?
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

I’ve ran for all my GPP days for the last month, so 8 times. I’ve been doing around 30 minutes at an increasing pace to acclimate my lungs to running.

Comment

All runs at at an rpe 6-7, and 3 mile time is probably closer to 28 than the 24 I originally put.

Comment

I'd probably do the tempo and the long run for the next month and then add in the third session.
          Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
          ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
          X