At home template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At home template

I just purchased the at home template. I am new to training like this and find the spreadsheet confusing. How many sets of each exercise am I supposed to do?

Matt,

Sorry to hear that. Make sure you check out the YouTube video on the Welcome page of the spreadsheet.

For Exercise 1 on Day 1 of Week 1, the prescription is:

Target: 8 to 12 reps @ RPE 8. Repeat for 1 set of 8 to 12 reps @ RPE 8.

This means 2 sets of 8-12 reps @ RPE 8. You will likely do additional sets as a warm-up for these two work sets.

Hope this helps!

-Jordan
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Ok great. And for the GPP, do I do those workouts on alternating days? Tuesday/thursday for example?

Thank you for the hand holding!

Comment

Yep. That would be fine.
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Ok. I completed my first workout. A problem that I ran into was on the goblet squats. The heaviest dumbbell available to me is 50lbs, and I am no way near my RPE target with 12-15 reps. What do you suggest I do? More sets? More reps?

Comment

Originally posted by mattliptak View Post
            Ok. I completed my first workout. A problem that I ran into was on the goblet squats. The heaviest dumbbell available to me is 50lbs, and I am no way near my RPE target with 12-15 reps. What do you suggest I do? More sets? More reps?
            There's a pretty in-depth discussion of this in the text accompanying the template and I'd definitely check that out.

That said, I'd pick a harder variant that puts you in the target range here, e.g. something like :

Split squats
            Bulgarian Split Squats
            Pistols
            tempo squat
            paused squat

Or something like that.

Comment

Working...
            X