Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Pull Sumo?

Hey,

I watched a video made by you guys a few years back talking about the sumo, and that if ones hips are higher than their shoulders they should consider pulling sumo. I’ve been pulling conventional for a few weeks now, and upon looking at videos (see attached photo) my hips are in line if not slightly higher than my shoulders, and I am really struggling to set my lower back. I haven’t been experiencing any lower back pain, but I am concerned that one dodgy rep could ruin it all.

Thanks,

Andre

Andre,

I think it'd be fine if you want to try pulling sumo for a while, but I don't necessarily think it would be better (or worse) than your conventional.

I am more concerned about the idea that one "dodgy rep could "ruin it all" given your familiarity with our content. I'd push back against that pretty hard.

-Jordan
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
      Andre,

I think it'd be fine if you want to try pulling sumo for a while, but I don't necessarily think it would be better (or worse) than your conventional.

I am more concerned about the idea that one "dodgy rep could "ruin it all" given your familiarity with our content. I'd push back against that pretty hard.

-Jordan
      Sheer ignorance on my part. I’m making my way through all of your podcasts and articles, learning so much but also having to unlearn so much. I’m enjoying the process though, and feel that my love for lifting is making a comeback thanks to BBM.

I appreciate your response,

Andre

Comment

Awesome man. Keep us posted on your progress!
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
        X