2nd week of Beginner template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd week of Beginner template

I am confused by the second week of the beginner template. I presume that the percentages are meant for intensity. I also overshot my bench press in terms of RPE, and I feel that my deadlift has gone up too fast in terms of weight. Also, my percentages for intensity do not match up well for the squat. How can I improve these in the next weeks?

The percentages are only provided for individuals who feel they "need" percentages in order to get a ballpark estimate of load selection. If you are able to use RPE to guide load selection, you don't need to pay attention to the percentages, or to do specific things to make them "match up".

This article discusses the use of RPE/autoregulation further: https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog...nd-rpe-part-i/

"Overshooting" is not a reason for great concern, it just provides you with further experience to help refine your choices in the subsequent week/training session.
    IG / YT

Comment

Also, should I keep the rests consistent in the 3-5 minutes interval? I believe I should because that could affect my overall session RPE.

Comment

We would recommend maintaining consistent rest intervals, and adjusting loads as needed.
        IG / YT

Comment

Working...
        X